Fragrance for Candles?

lemonjelly

The things you are thinking of using are water based. They won't mix with wax. Think oil and water. It just wouldn't be a good thing. Fragrance oils are a much better idea. But if you want to go natural, you could try Essential Oils. They are more expensive though.

HTH

I am not sure what you would find in the house that would work for you. If you are going to remelt candles you already have, you might run into some additonal problems. The stand alone candles take more heat than the ones in jars, so the wicking will be different. And its really hard to say what kinds of wax were being used to make them.

Take some time and do searches here for ideas on remelting. The board is full of really good and safe advice.

The key here is safety.

HTH

I live in the UK, and my parents refuse to buy over the internet, so is there any household produck I could use? Would wax from cheap scented candles melted down smell as they burn?

Probably not. If your parents won't buy over the internet, get out and find a craft store that carries stuff specifically designed for candlemaking.

Hi

I'm in the UK, the only place I can think of without buying off the internet is HobbyCraft, though you will pay a lot more, i'm sure someone else from the UK will chip in with some advice on other places. Good Luck.

HTH

Gaynor

Maybe someone from the UK will sell you some of their extras and you could send them a check or something.

Glo

have few fragrance oils not using that may be of some use and some cheap moulds

but as gaynor said try hobby craft, or let us know where abouts you are and can point you in shop direction fingers crossed

Hi

I'm in the UK, the only place I can think of without buying off the internet is HobbyCraft, though you will pay a lot more, i'm sure someone else from the UK will chip in with some advice on other places. Good Luck.

HTH

Gaynor

craft wise in leeds

hobby craft

can only think of them of top of head that you can walk into and buy but hobby craft can be pricey

Jo from sensory perfection although she is internet based, but if you can look at her site, im sure you can write/telephone and talk to her, have her address will need to check to see if ok to give it out

also in back of some candle making books will give you a list of suppliers

http://www.craft-fair.co.uk/suppliers.cfm?SubCatno=144&category=Candle%20Making

have look at these as ringing round they may be able to help??

I live in the UK, and my parents refuse to buy over the internet, so is there any household produck I could use? Would wax from cheap scented candles melted down smell as they burn?

I'm just curious. How old are you? with you living at home with parents??

Anyhow, There's alot of others who lives in UK, maybe you can get some oils from them.

Dani

then i would suggest at first you buy some beeswax sheets for candle making to begin with as there is no melting of wax, no having to make sure you wax is at correct temperature, and worring of wax igniting! as many of us have learned at a lot older age wax is not something to be "played" with as it can be extremely dangerous if not handled correctly, and im sure im not the only one that would say so.

Please take no offence but there are "childrens" kits to be bought, again that are safer for some one of your age.

I am sure that other children have made candles even my children have helped but with strict and i mean strict supervision, im the one melting the wax checking temp etc

Be care ful out there as hot wax has the potential to do some serious damage not only to your self but your parents home!!