wonting to no your thoughts an wax dilemma.

i am useing 1945 wax for my jar candles. i am not happy with the scent throw.i have tried it till i am ready to scream.still have almost a case of it.since i just make candles for a hobby and get carried away with it at that.do you think you would go with a softer wax.or i have used pillar wax with adding stuff i can get a really good scent throw with it that i am happy with. but it is alot more trouble that just putting all ready mixed wax in and melt with color and fo.but after reading the post on how many different types of wax people try for jars. i am thinking mabe just stick with the low melting point pillar that does not look as nice in the jar.

i am useing 1.5 oz of scent to one lb of wax.and i have tried zink core then went to flat braided wick then tried some not sure what they are looks like round cotten must have had them awhile.i thought the wick but if it is i do not no what one it should have.i get a good melt pool but if i go up a size i get a way to deep melt pool or to much smoke.

I spent several months using the 1945. it is an easy wax to use and makes a lovely candle that burns well with a variety of wicks. I agree 100% that the challenge is the throw, especially the cold throw ( although the hot throw is nothing to get naked and dance about) . I used quality FOs from several companies. I can tell you one thing that helps somewhat, is to add your FO at 180 degrees. I know that there are many people that swear that they get a great throw with this wax, and it's ease of use, kept me trying and trying.

I never did get a really GREAT throw from this wax. The J223, although has its own challenges, throws very well in compairson to the 1945. One of the main challenges with it for me is availability and that horrible rumor that it is on its way out anyway due to the purchase.