Making a shower gel with bits and pieces

I've started using my first made by myself from scratch CP soap (first batch EVER made May 23). It's still a little soft but useable. I've also been using it on my hair. Love it ! Here in the desert, it's soo dry that I have had flat hair since moving here 1 1/2 years ago. Now I at least have a little fluff to it ... not as much as it does when I'm back home in New England, especially when I'm near the ocean. But certainly more then when using commercial shampoo. AND ... I haven't had to use conditioner ! My hair feels so soft.

Anywho, I took some bits and pieces of the soap, threw them in a small tupperware container, poured boiling distilled water over them, covered them and let them set a day till it became a gel. I've been using it for shampoo instead of working a bar of soap. Now I'm wondering, do I have to worry about bacteria, etc ? I'm assuming that since I'll use this up in a week or two, I'm ok. Am I ok??

Nan