Olive Oil

I did a search for this but only came up with one post. I wanted to find out if anyone has actually tried adding extra virgin olive oil to a pure soy candle? If yes, did it work and which wax did you use? I know olive oil has a very high heat tolerance and doesn't smoke like crisco, but just not sure how it would react to direct flame. I'm going to try one as I have a customer who owns an olive ranch and store and would stock my candles if I can get her oil into them! I'm thinking just 1/2 oz per # ????? I also plan to buy the olive oil fo at genwax next time I go to pick up supplies. I'll keep my phone nearby as I burn the candle just in case I need to call the fire dept!:shocked2:

Adding oils to condition the wax for one thing or another (frosting, slower burning, etc.) is a fine art, from what I have gathered. I have never added olive oil to candles. I wonder if the type of olive oil - virgin, extra virgin, etc. - matters? I wonder if there will be an odor from the olive oil... and I wonder if the candle will burn with more smoke? Intriguing idea... might make for an interesting weekend experiment... ;)

If it works out for ya, it sounds like a kool deal. Wish I hadda friend who is an olive farmer...:)

This lady doesn't carry anything in her store that doesn't have her olive oil in it...or at least someone's olive oil. My only reason for trying is to see if I can make candles for her to carry. I'm thinking it has to be the same procedure as making the massage candles??