Lightheadedness?

UrbanFool

I'm trying to figure out if the Cierra Honeysuckle FO I used in this whopping 3x6 candle today (for the first time) or if something else is causing me to feel sick and lightheaded. Is this a normal bad reaction? I have pretty good ventilation, but I usually make unscented candles.

Or maybe it's the leftover Chinese food?

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Maybe it's the transition from Unscented to Scented? Could be just the FO too cuz Honeysuckle (to me anyway) is soooo flowery and overbearing. I'd try making another one and see what happens. If you get the same reaction, I'd try a different fragrance and then see what happens. Hopefully is was just the Chinese!!

Good Luck cuz I couldn't imagine being a candlemaker and getting sick on the FO's????

Let us know how things work out for you

HTH

No not pregnant :D

But I did go to bed early. I feel better this morning, but am just clueless. Unfortunately, all I bought was flowery FO's.

The candle turned out truly fugly --mauve and white. It didn't blend like it was supposed to. I'm handing it over to my husband who LOVED the fragrance. Now I realize why people choose votives --so they don't knock themselves out!

Kelly

Kelly,

Don't be too hard on yourself after the first pour. Remember, "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again"...... Pour a couple other fragrances and try them out.

It sounds like maybe you didn't stir your dye long enough.

What kinda wax and dyes are you using? At what temp. are you heating, adding dye and FO and at what temp. are you pouring.

Don't get discouraged:cry2: :cry2:

I personally don't care to make votives because they take up too much time. JMHO

Hang in there:D

I'm with ya on the votives.

I may not have stirred the fragrance long enough because I'm usually in a panic that the scent is going to burn off. I'm not so panicky about the color, and it goes in before the scent. First and second pours were at 175. Generally, I don't wait as long as other folks for my second pour because I'm wanting THIS kind of effect:

red_fade.jpg

Which would have been really nice in mauve and white methinks! Unfortunately, I got the straight line. I'm feeling like chopping the candle in half. At any rate, it's relegated to the garage so the husband can enjoy it without gassing out me and the birds.

Oh... and I use Yaley's pillar & votive wax, and add vybar and stearix. I know a lot of people aren't keen on Yaley's, but I can drive across town and pick it up, and so far it hasn't let me down.

Kelly

Hey Kelly,

Your candle is beautiful!! What the heck ya talking about?? Sometimes candles end up a color that's it's not supposed to be but those are always good give-aways.. No need to worry about the fragrace oil burning off as long as it's not over 180* for any length of time. Heck, when palm pillars are made, the dyes and FO's are added and poured at 200*

You are doing a fine job!! Keep it up.