Wicking votives?

In votives, the pins do go inside. In pillars, they can be used inside or outside, personal preference.

You don't have to use wick pins. Many people just let the wax start to film on bottom and stick the wick tab down in there. It doesn't work too well unless you're using zinc wicks though, because you can't pull them tight. Zincs, you can just set something across the top to keep it centered.

Personally, I always use the wick pins though :)

Oof, I love my votive wick pins, I don't do any without them. I need to find the flat bottom ones, the concaves make it a pain to put any kind of label on them, but once you get started using them, you get addicted fast. After the candle is cool and it pops out of the mold, it's nothing to slide a wick in, push the stem into the wax so it doesn't move and you're done.

I LOVES THEM!

Now when it comes to using them in pillars, that's a different story. I don't like the size of the wick hole after I've used them, so I'm actually going back to wicking the candle as I make it. But gimmie a couple hundred votive molds and wick pins and I'm a happy girl.

That I'm not sure... I bought them here off the classies. But in comment to someone else's response, they have a flat bottom.

So far as I've seen, all votive molds have a flat bottom. I believe Kitty was referring to the wick pins. With the pin bottom curved, the bottom of the votive will be concave as well.

It doesn't affect me though. After I get through folding the excess wrap on the bottom from packaging, there's plenty there for the label to stick to...lol

So far as I've seen, all votive molds have a flat bottom. I believe Kitty was referring to the wick pins. With the pin bottom curved, the bottom of the votive will be concave as well.

It doesn't affect me though. After I get through folding the excess wrap on the bottom from packaging, there's plenty there for the label to stick to...lol

Ah ok I gotcha! lol! I haven't bought the wick pins yet. I'm at stand still with votives until I order them. I was going to get them from GreenLeaf the other day with a gift certificate I had, but decided to wait. $1.25 or something each, whereas at Peak there about half that.