Website up and running

I know what you mean. I have a pop-up blocker on my computer so I really don't notice it. I don't know how to avoid that unless I go with another webhost. If anyone knows another way to rid the annoying pop-ups, please share.

Earth, if you pay for the site, you should not have popups. I have a blocker, but I agree, it could be a huge deterrent.

VodaHost is 7.95 a month for me, with all sorts of stuff, but you'd have to redo your store, since you are changing hosts. Domain was free for the first year, but since you have one already, you can change it over. I'm assuming since you do have popups, that you are using a free website, and that can cause problems on it's own, because usually with a free site, there's pretty small limits on monthly bandwidth usage and such.

Aside from that, I'd personally lose the Navigation icon above the menubar, it's semi-redundant.

Also, the site is slow to load, and the pics are slow to load. My guess is it's a choke on bandwidth, if you are using a site that requires pop-ups to load as well. To me as a customer, on your B&B section, you listed ingredients for one but not the others, so I'd go with do it for all or none, because it sort of looks like you are hiding something with the others that are lacking.

On the right side, where you have those random items, add a link somewhere, so that people can just click to go there. That's generally a good upsell point on a site, and if they can't click and go, they'll either forget or not find it quick enough for them.

Most of this has to do with the host you chose and bandwidth/popup issues, it's not as bad as the length suggests! :)

It's a little sparse, but I'm assuming you will add to it. My only complaint is offering "all natural" candles with dye and fragrance oils. I know that "natural" is not a legal term and that everyone has their own definition, but I personally would have a problem with the fragrance oils.

I do still need to add to it. I did want to add links to my candles listed on the right side of the site. All the things you guys are talking about I have contemplating on fixing. I cant get rid of that stupid navigation bar either. I think I just need to throw in the towel and upgrade my account. There are too many options I don't have access to under my current account. And those darn pop-ups!!!

Just a thought - when I'm shopping online one of my pet peeves is when there isn't an option to take a close-up look at an item. Or, just as bad, the larger picture is too fuzzy to make out any detail. IMO, asking people to buy online is asking them to take a major leap of faith - especially with products where the fragrance IS the selling point - so the visuals need to be extra good.

Ok, I'm on firefox and a mac but I get no popups :yay:

For the rest, yes, you'll need to upgrade or get another host. Excellent hosting can be had for as little as $3.50 a month.

Other than that, from what I can see - I'd drop down the beige bar on the left to cover your whitespace below instead of cutting it off. You can always put a product photo in there, or a slideshow of products if you don't have any more links at this point.

Also - your photos need to be bigger. Your photo on the main page is foreshortened. It's out of proportion....and as I said, it needs to be larger. Your product photos on the other pages need to be larger too, or at least an 'enlarge' link so folks can see them.

I'd have contact info on every page, if not just small on the bottom.

You'll need a shipping page or an explanation of your shipping somewhere. You advertise $6 flat fee shipping, which is great - but what if someone orders 12 candles to ship to Canada? You need to put an asterisk on that and a disclaimer somewhere.

Speaking of disclaimers, you should have one of those too - for both the candles and B&B items.

You're off to a good start though. Getting all your info for a site is hard and everyone has to start somewhere. You just need some modifications at this point!

I didn't get any popups on your site... I'm even running windows 2k and IE.

You definitely need to find a way for your pictures to load faster. And once you do that more pictures :) I would never buy from a site that didn't have lots of pictures to look at the products before hand.

I would definitely try to get a smaller file size on those photos and get them to a managable level. The top right photo is only the size of an avatar, but it's 338 KB in size. Waaay too big. If you do a search in google for website photo optimizers, you should find a few free programs that will do it for you. I'm really not sure what's available anymore.

You can also, do it in Photoshop, to add to Grumpy Girl's comments.

If you have it, open the pic, then click 'save for web', and you'll be able to adjust size and see how long it would take someone to load the pic, and optimize the pixels for the size.