Baby Shower Labels

rainey

I'm making candles for my girlfriend's baby shower and I need to make round labels for the tins (top).

Anyone have any suggestions as to which software I should buy? She wants something really cute.

I've seen a bunch of darling labels online that I could buy, but I want to make them myself.

Help! :shocked2:

i you purchase labels from labels by the sheet they have templates you can download. other then that it all depends on the size of the label. i usually use avery templates but they don't have a 2 inch circle (or atleast i think thats the size) so its rough.

i use labe factory pro. there's an option for creating your own custom template

unless you anticipate doing this often, wouldn't it be easier and cheaper just to order the labels done online? I personally know and have worked with 2 sites that now offer "just" labels if you want to finish your own favors instead of buying their completed favors.

Maybe it's just me, but by the time you buy the labels, buy the software, spend the time designing the label, and use your own ink you could have had them shipped to you all done.

Another thought is that the sites I'm referring to both have professional printers, so unless you also have one, the quality you would get from them will be better then you can do at home.

Don't take this wrong ~ I'm all for doing stuff yourself, I do it all the time as well, I'm just saying for a one-time only project it might be worth buying them ...

Hi, thank you both for your input.

I've found templates for 2" round labels, but I have not been able to find all those cute pictures to put on the labels. I'm looking for the soft prints and pastels of clothes, animals, etc. It is a lot of work and as much as I wanted to do it myself, maybe I should just buy the labels.

:undecided

Hi, thank you both for your input.

I've found templates for 2" round labels, but I have not been able to find all those cute pictures to put on the labels. I'm looking for the soft prints and pastels of clothes, animals, etc. It is a lot of work and as much as I wanted to do it myself, maybe I should just buy the labels.

:undecided

if you're looking on "baby shower" sites and hoping to find the images they've used, I can all but guarantee you won't. I personally know the owners of 2 sites other then my own and they both contract their artwork from graphic designers. I have had a graphic designer do a few things for me, then some I made in photoshop, and a few others I've downloaded through Microsoft gallery.

Go to Office Depot and get a clip art program (well it's not a program just CD's you use). I have the Art Explosion 600,000 Images. It has clip for any occasion. Once you have it you most likely won't need any other clip art. It cost around $80.00.

If you don't know much about graphics, or have any graphics programs like Corel Draw. Then you won't be able to change the colors in this clip art collection.

570470_sk_lg.jpg this one is only $30.00

http://www.officedepot.com/textSearch.do?uniqueSearchFlag=true&Ntt=art+explosion&x=30&y=16