Pillar wax

What seems to be a good all around wax for pillars. I am trying to get a good pillar and can't seem to find a wax that I like. I was just wondering what some of the favorites are. And do most of you use the flat braid wicks for pillars? When I make one using other wicks, they just don't burn the way I want them too. Either down the middle or out way to far. The last wax I played with for pillars was OK6225. Needed several re-pours on that one, although it burned half decent with a Z wick. What do you all like best? TIA

I actually started off with IGI-1218 but I've sinced moved to 1343 and this will be a total learning experience for me.

While everyone else likes to use the flat braids or the LX series, I actually use Zinc core wicks. Most will tell you that there's an issue with zinc with mushrooming and I have had that issue as well, but I realize that the zinc makes you stay on top of the candle and to trim it when the mushroom gets too big.

Do these IGI waxes need a lot of re pours and poke holes? This wax I'm using now does. But other wise its nice, great HT and looks good. But I think its a pita but I have nothing to compare it to. Thanks for all your opinions. Dee

Do these IGI waxes need a lot of re pours and poke holes? This wax I'm using now does. But other wise its nice, great HT and looks good. But I think its a pita but I have nothing to compare it to. Thanks for all your opinions. Dee

It's not just IGI waxes, but pillar waxes. They're supposed to shrink, or we'd never get them out of the molds. If you want to make pillars, you'll just have to grin and bear it with poking relief holes and doing repours...