Potato Starch

BLSoaps

I know there are all kinds of different modified starches available for B&B products, but with them all sold under brand names. I keep coming across the wheat, but I'm hoping to get some help finding a potato starch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (this would be for adding to a lotion).

I found lots of stuff too, but I need the modified starch so it can be incorporated into a lotion. Kind of like natrasorb is modified wheat starch. I've contacted National Starch, and they're going to have someone familiar with the product contact me, and hopefully a list of middle men supply companies that I can order from. I can't afford the minimums from National Starch, as this is a special request lotion ingredient. The weird requests that come out of Idaho (potato state)! But I love weird requests, so I certainly don't mind it. My oddest one was Buffalo Tallow. But apparently it's selling like crazy for her, so it all works! Talk about finding unique niches! LOL! But thanks for looking. I just was having problems finding a B&B supplier that sold it (as well as answer usage questions).

So I'm looking for a supplier for quantities less than a pound.

They specifically asked for potato starch. They live in Idaho, so it's a marketing thing, mostly geared towards tourists. I'm waiting to hear back from National Starch to see if they do something different to theirs (modified in some way for B&B applications). If not, I'll definitely take some of the suggestions I've gotten here. And thanks, Sharon, for the offer. Not sure if I'm taking you up on it yet, or not. Hopefully I'll hear back from them today.

Thank you! This should be what I'm looking for! I've bookmarked it, and will let my customer know. From their description, it sounds like it'll make for a very nice addition, too!

(still grumbling over the fact that National Starch STILL hasn't called back)