Whipped Shea/Lotion Bars

P&V

I attempted to make "kimberly's whipped shea" the other day without actually checking my measurements. Dumb, dumb, dumb! My creative side got the better of me and I thought, well, okay so I didn't think. It wasn't a total waste though. It's still good stuff for my feet but not what I was after.

And then, Last night I made lotion bars that are, drum roll please.... AWESOME! :yay:I didn't think I would like them but they looked easy enough so I gave it a shot. I used, beeswax, shea, mango then added sao & macadamia oil. I scented with an oatmeal, milk & honey & wasn't impressed (not strong enough) so then I added some vanilla. The scent is good if you like vanilla, it reminds me of a baby scent thought. I'll see what Bug (dd) thinks.

I did have to reheat and all went well but I'd like to make sure that that's okay with the fo already added? Low temp, quick bursts? What if I used eo, still okay to heat?

I used a total of 6oz. of product plus fo and ended up with 10 (eight usable, I made a mess) twist up tubes that are supposed to measure .2 - .3 ounces. I wish I could post a pic, they are such a pretty yellow. I'll do it again today and use a summer scent. I'm so excited!!! It's official, I'm addicted!!!

There's always the B&B Gallery, we'd love to see them ;)

Glad you had fun... the first time I made lotion bars, they were rather sticky (I just played it by ear, now I know to measure!) but I had fun too! Sadly, for some reason, some grease ants decided my lotion bars were good munchies, so they infested it.

One day, I'll get around to ordering some shea butter.

Ants are such a pain. Mine really aren't too sticky and not too greasy. I actually really like the texture. I'm sorry I didn't get bigger tubes though. It still seems like it'll last quite a while because it doesn't take too much.

Better luck with your next go round.