crystal ice

Has anyone ever tryed the pre-colored crystal ice from www.crystals.us for smelly jellies. I have been wanting to make smelly jellies for a while and noticed the link to a receipe below. The receipe calls for b&b dye. While doing a google search for where to buy water crystals I ran across this site. They are sold pre-colored. Does anyone use them? What do you think of them? Is there a better place to purchase them?

Has anyone ever tryed the pre-colored crystal ice from www.crystals.us for smelly jellies. I have been wanting to make smelly jellies for a while and noticed the link to a receipe below. The receipe calls for b&b dye. While doing a google search for where to buy water crystals I ran across this site. They are sold pre-colored. Does anyone use them? What do you think of them? Is there a better place to purchase them?

I looked at this site and it doesn't look like a very good deal price wise to me. 40 grams is a little over an ounce for $5.

I buy mine from WSP. http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=2661

$8 for 1.3 lbs and just had drops of food coloring to get the color you want. It doesn't take much. 1.3 lbs is ALOT of crystals even though it may not sound like it. They expand after you put the water in them. There are about 98 teaspons in 1.3 pounds. It only takes 1 teaspoon for a jar of jellies.

Hope this helps some :grin2: