Smelly jelly & tarts

Hi, I was toying with the idea of making smelly jellys & tarts. I have been searching but have been unsuccessful in finding a smelly jelly recipe. What is the standard size for tarts? What is the standard burn time for tarts? Suggested packing strategy for tarts? Ball-park sale price for tarts? :confused:I am planning to use a blend of votive & container wax to make tarts. Also, I have read some articles about using Pam spray to help with mold release; there seems to be no direct answer. Can anyone help?

What is the standard size for tarts? What is the standard burn time for tarts? Suggested packing strategy for tarts? Ball-park sale price for tarts? :confused:

Standard size: approximately 1oz.

Standard burn time: approximately 8-10 hours per tart

Packaging strategy: Personal preference, but some ideas are....wrapped individually with shrink wrap or multiple tarts wrapped in cello bags.

Ballpark Sale price for tarts: Again, personal preference....will all depend on how much money you put into them. Most around here say to mark up your products 2-3 times your cost.

Hope this has helped as a starting point! :)

Good Luck!

Hi, I was toying with the idea of making smelly jellys & tarts. I have been searching but have been unsuccessful in finding a smelly jelly recipe. What is the standard size for tarts? What is the standard burn time for tarts? Suggested packing strategy for tarts? Ball-park sale price for tarts? :confused:I am planning to use a blend of votive & container wax to make tarts. Also, I have read some articles about using Pam spray to help with mold release; there seems to be no direct answer. Can anyone help?

I get my smelly jelly crystals from WSP and they have the recipe on this link:

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=2661

If you are using the metal tart molds, you can pop them in the freezer for a couple minutes and they pop right out. I buy tart wax and don't have to do anything, they come right out. I have also used my GB 444 soy wax for tarts and had no problems with it because its a harder wax.

I personally prefer making mine in clamshells. There are so many sizes of tart burners out there that sometimes the tarts made in the fluted molds are too big. With the clamshell, they can pop out a couple cubes and no mess. They can also create their own scents. Example: 1 square of apple and 1 square of cinnamon or 1 square of orange and 1 square of vanilla. More scent variety like this. You don't have to fool with wrapping and packaging them with the clamshells. Just pour and once they have cooled off, close the lid, pop the labels on them and you are done. I have seen these sell for $3 a clamshell.

Just my :2cents: lol

Where can I find clam shells? I bought a couple of candy molds from Hobby Lobby and some cookie cutters. I think, and if I am wrong sorry, but fluted molds are way too expensive and they loose their shape so quickly to invest "hobby stash money" in. I am soo out of the box, or left field or what ever it is called, I thought that you could just use gel wax and put it in some kind of mold and "vowla" a smelly jelly. Where do you get the smelly jelly container? I appreciate any help or " wax drippings" as I call it. I am in the middle of tiling my shop and all I have left to do it put the grout and sealer. I am "chomping at the wax" to get back in to making candles and other candle products.

I notice that a lot of people just make little "chunks" of some kind and sell them in a sort of "bulk" bag; are those tarts also?

Thanks. For the Pam spray, do you spray and wipe or spray and let dry or spray and pour? Pam spray, another reason for me to go to Wal-Mart!!!!

I spray and wipe out excess, and I use the mini muffin pans for the mold.