Can't Find This Bottle- Can you help please

DeJae

Ok, a long while back, I read on one of all these terrific boards

Someone had a lotion tottle type bottle BUT

The end (not where the cap is) was open and you filled from there and used a heat sealer (impulse sealer) to seal it up, do any of you know where to get these??

• 6 months later...

I found this thread while searching for heat seal lotion bottles. I see that Oak Court Creations still has the 7.5 oz size but I don't find these types of bottles on Kangaroo Blue any longer and searching hasn't gotten any other hits.

I currently put my boby creme in jars because it is very thick. I have had people ask me to put it in a bottle as they prefer bottles over jars. Well, I tried the pump and it works for a while but my lotion is so thick you have to bang the bottle on a table at some point to get the lotion at the top of the bottle to move down so you have lotion at the bottom to pump up. Well, I don't like this at all, so I am trying to find bottles that have a wide enough opening, like a Malibu type bottle, but I would still have to use some type of funnel to get the lotion into the bottles. I did this with the pump bottles and it took forever to fill them! Is there no alternative to jars for thick lotions and cremes? Has anyone tried the heat-seal tubes and if so do you like them? Are there any other suppliers out there that offer these types of heat-seal tubes?

The heat and seal tubes have a two fold issue to consider. If you buy them unsealed, it is easier to get the product in BUT sealing them even with an impulse sealer is a PITA. I bought some unsealed and still trying to play with it to learn to seal them.

If you buy them sealed from Soapers Choice, you will still have the issue of a small opening to fill them in. You can buy different caps for them that have a .250 orifice in the lid to make it easier to get the thicker lotion out.

I like the soft touch malibu tottles. The opening is about the side of the opening of a bottle for easier filling and you can use the lids mentioned above.

I bought my collapsible tubes from Southern Soapers. They are great... but like Jami said... a PITA to work with, especially when your heat sealer is on the fritz... :angry2:

I do a thick body cream too... which I put in jars... but I've tried adding it to pump bottles and malibu tubes with success. After scenting and/or coloring... I put the body cream in a ziploc bag and use it like a pastry bag... snip a corner (small snip or big snip... whichever is easiest for the texture of the lotion) and squeeze them into the malibu tubes. So much easier than using a funnel. :D

Thanks for confirming the heat seal PITA issue. I was concerned about that!

I did see the collapsible tubes at Southern Soapers and they have both the sealed and unsealed ends available. I didn't find any lotion bottles at Soapers Choice, only oils.

I thought about using a ziplock bag. I do that with icing. I may need to try that first because I don't think I want the hassle or the extra investment of a heat sealer. Decisions, decisions!

I always forget to mention the ziploc bags lol I just figure everyone else does it this way too. It is the only way I can fill malibu tubes.

When buying the ziploc bags, make sure it is the double zip top. I had some pretty soft cabinets and counter tops before I bought the double zip bags :o