New To Gel Candle Making!!!

Angel2006

Do you want a critique of your candles??

They look good except..are those vinyl/plastic fish in your candles? If so, I wouldn't wick the candle then. I would make it a forever candle (with a tealight or a votive). Don't want the fishy to catch on fire!

Also, is there a wick stopper at the bottom so it doesn't burn to the sand and seashells? If not, major fire hazard there too.

Ok..so since it's a plastic fish, I definitely wouldn't wick it. I know some gel candle makers in the past would and their reasoning is "Well, I wick it small..and the melt pool doesn't even come close to the fish". Still...taking such a huge risk there! Ya never know what could happen.

Definitely double glass ;)

And..what's a "pinch" in the wick???

like when ya break a wick it's hard to explain to stop it from burning any farther i read it on internet that it works which i'm testing the one and watching it carefully to make sure is their any other advice that you do?

Well kind of craft store stuff is really not worth the time or money to buy it. Heck they sell candle making books that have so much dangerous stuff in them it make me so angry every time I look at one.

Here is a good place to start your reseach.

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2957

There are also some great gel supplier that are a lot more honest

Here is a list that are trusted by most of us.

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36695

• 1 month later...