What is UP with shows?????

I'm doing a show on Saturday. The promoters are our local business association...small show but the people in my town LOVE craft shows and support them faithfully. Anyway...when I had talked with the president of the business assoc. last fall he said it will be STRICTLY hand crafted items made by the person renting the booth space. I just talked to him again on Monday and he said he has a chiropractor setting up...I laughed and said now what craft does he do? He replied...he's a local businessman and said that his work is an art. LMAO! At least he won't be selling candles and B&B products...

Maggie

I've done 3 shows this SPring and have found them all to be good. They are ones I have done the last few years and are with good promoters. This last one, the weekend before mothers day, I thought might be not as good as last year and I did more than double. The gas prices did not seem to deter the shoppers. Maybe with all the gloomy feel in the economy they decided to cheer themselves up and shop a bit.. who knows. Again, the show is established and promoted well so that helps, as well as having true crafters and not a lot of junk. This promoter also limits the number in categories so the variety is nice. I decided early on not to do any shows with less than 3000 attendence and I prefer the ones that charge admission.. you seem to get the shoppers at these rather than people just killing time because it is free.