Soy Butter

CBE

You know when the bug hits you to try something exciting and new? LOL Ok... I've been playing around all day... trying to come up with something different. I have been having 10lbs of Hydrogenated Soy Fixed Oil hiding in one of my cabinets...can't remember why I bought the stuff... lol... so I decided to try to make a body butter with it. I'm assuming this is the same thing as Soy Butter you can buy at certain websites, I'm not sure. So this is what I did... I melted the Soy in the microwave until it was mushy. Then I melted some Cocoa Butter... added this to the Soy. It stayed liquid too long for me (I'm sooooo impatient):waiting: so I put the bowl in the freezer for about 10 minutes. :whistle: Took it out... whipped it up. Looked nice.:yay: Put it back in the freezer for 10 more minutes.:waiting: When I took it out... it was nice and firm. I whipped it again... added a little bit of SAO... added FO... and it looks like a thick body cream. Awesome. I have it sitting on the counter... I'm not going to put them in jars yet, cause last time I did this... I had to take everything out of the jars to whip again.. cause I didn't like the texture.

Has anyone ever tried making a body butter with Hydrogenated Soy?

I think it looks pretty damn good if I do say so myself!! And... it's not greasy!! Soaks in RIGHT AWAY. :bliss: :whoohoo:

I haven't tried it yet but I was wanting too. Is that flake form that you used?

I didn't know it came in flake form!! LOL No.. this one looks like a hard butter. Soybean fixed oil.

I don't think they are the same. You are right. I think the flakes is the wax. What I have looks like a butter. Oh... and to update on the texture... it's light and fluffy!! It looks like cake frosting. Hence the new name... BODY FROSTING. I slathered it on last night... woke up this morning... SOFT SOFT SOFT skin!!! I love this stuff. Making some more today!!! :yay:

• 2 years later...