Pour temp for soy/paraffin blend

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm new in candlemaking. I hope to make a little extra income from candles, especially now that my husband lost his job. Anyway, I started with a starter kit. I made candle from the J50 and poured into the containers and used the wick that came with the kit. The HT is very good. The only problem I saw are the wet spots. So I bought some soy and made 30/70 soy/paraffin candles and used 1oz FO with 1 lb mix. I bought some apothecary jars with almost 4" bottom diameter. I used the ECO 14 - 6 wick. There was smoke for awhile when it was lighted (my husband tried it) and there is some soot after awhile. I burned it for 2 hours and the wick seemed to be too big for the jar. Does anyone has suggestions?

Suggestions will be highly appreciated.

CandleStix :smiley2:

You need to double wick that baby. I prefer the cd wicks over the eco wicks and I used to like the LX wicks but have stayed with the cds. A large enough single wick to give you a full melt pool is gonna have to be big and is gonna be a fairly scary flame which equals more observable soot.

Chuck