I don't know what happened.

Hello All,

I have no idea what happened to this candle. Never had this happen before. Of course, I never tried to make a bees wax candle before. I used 75% bees wax and 25% votive wax. Poured at about 160 degrees. Then when everything was going smoothly, at least 45 minutes after the pour, the grand canyon appeared. Any ideas out there?

By the way, happy Mother's Day to all you mothers and grandmothers out there. May your children and grandchildren bless your life forever!

post-6107-139458426172_thumb.jpg

Neither one of those waxes make good container candles. They are best used for votives, pillars or tapers, especially for the beeswax, as they need larger wicks and can make your containers too hot when burning. Some people use a small percentage of beeswax with their soy to make smoother tops, but usually at around 2-5%. Beeswax will also crack if cooled too quickly. If you are gonna make container candles, you are better off with a container wax of some sort! :cool2: