Midwest Chandlers Gathering in jeopardy!!!!

I just wanted to post (hope this is in the right spot) that I had recently corresponded with Gena from Heartfelt and if we don't get enough signups or interest, the Canton gathering may be cancelled this year!! :cry2: Last year was my first year there and I had such a good time! I was really looking forward to going. Gena needs more people to register and to volunteer for demos.

I found all of this out by emailing and suggesting some demos I would like to see (such as liquid soap, grubbed jar candles, making & preserving lotion, layered candles) and was saddened to hear it. I sure hope we can get things moving along and keep the Gathering going! Thanks for listening!

Wanted to add that the door prizes last year were out of this world!! Two lucky people walked away with new digital scales, there were pounds and pounds of fragrances given away, coffee butter, gift certificates......and the goodie bags were packed full. I truly recommend this gathering if anyone can go. I don't work for Heartfelt and have nothing in it at all. Canton 2006 was my first gathering I had ever attended and I was so impressed by it! I hope it can continue on this year and more people can experience it too. It was alot of fun! :yay:

Didn't she move this to an outside event and move the date forward?

I went last year and had a good time, but won't be going this year to any out of state conferences. I have too much going on right now. It seems like quite of few of these events lately are being cancelled due to lack of interest.

I have done the conference circuit, both major event and small gathering.

My favorite of all time is the Central New York Soapers. Great bunch of ladies.

Yes, she did. Another gathering snatched up the date she had wanted so she had to move the date forward. Also, I guess the Holiday Inn was a bugger to deal with last year, so she was trying to make it a little easier on herself by avoiding dealing with them. I can't blame her, in a way, because it must be he## to try and put one of these gatherings together!

I went last year and had a good time, but won't be going this year to any out of state conferences. I have too much going on right now.

I hear ya!! I am moving in a few days on top of working full time! I just packed up the soaping supplies and the candle ones will be last. *sigh* I miss my little babies! :embarasse