Mica or Glitter in bath bombs?

I'm looking at small glitter from FNWL...but it still looks huge to me. Do people really like glitter like that?

Or is it really mica that they're fond off?

I have all this mica from Shutters last coop and don't have a clue what to do with it. LOL. If I put it in a bomb, will it leave a mica ring? Or just give me a nice little sheen?

I would imagine it'd leave a mess in your bathtub. I don't know what type of micas these are, but if they're lip safe, they can be used in lip balms. I also like to use some in lotions every once in a while. Micas can be used in soaps. I don't use them very often, but I know a lot of people do. Glitter in soaps, while nice in theory, end up being scratchy.

There are a lot of different grades to glitters. I haven't used them much, but when I did, I got the Ultrafine (they also have fine) grade from MMS.

I thought I read somewhere that you will leave a sparkly ring around your tub if you use micas. :cry2:

Yes this is true. I know because I made bombs with mica. I wanted a really pretty bright pink. The color turned out great but I hated the ring that it left in the tub.

I would imagine that if you try a fine glitter the ring wouldn't be to bad. I am going to give this a try sometime this week.

You could unload some of that mica on me, that's what you can do with it..lol :wink2:

Sharon

Well........I normally us it in my cp soap. I just figured i'd try something new with the bombs. I'll just stick to using it in soap. ;)