Major Bumm'n Please Help =(

I'm so distraught.. we just ordered tons of blue cobalt glass from specialty glass and our dang stick tabs wont stick to the glass enough to allow us to pull and secure the wick onto a wickbar. just the slightest pull on the wick pulls the stick tab and wick right from the glass.

Any ideas on what I can do? :cry2:

I'm so distraught.. we just ordered tons of blue cobalt glass from specialty glass and our dang stick tabs wont stick to the glass enough to allow us to pull and secure the wick onto a wickbar. just the slightest pull on the wick pulls the stick tab and wick right from the glass.

Any ideas on what I can do? :cry2:

If the glass is solid (not painted) then the problem you're having is that there is oil on the surface of the glass. Some alcohol (rubbing) will take care of this.

If the glass is painted, and the PAINT is what is coming up... then I'll have to say I don't know.

My guess is #1.

;)

I agree that it sounds like the glass might just need rubbing out.

Also if you find that the tabs still arent sticking, you can try silcone.

I havent used silcone yet but I have read afew posts and tutorials of people that have used it. Might even try a hot glue gun.

Yeah What Amber Said :)

If the glass is solid (not painted) then the problem you're having is that there is oil on the surface of the glass. Some alcohol (rubbing) will take care of this.

If the glass is painted, and the PAINT is what is coming up... then I'll have to say I don't know.

My guess is #1.

;)

I just noticed this! LOL. It kind of has an oily residue. I wiped my finger on it and it appears to be vinegar..

My guess is #1.

;)

WOOOHOOO #1 worked.. thank you so much.

Our glass comes with a "film" also. We tried wicking without cleaning them, and the wicks and stickums float right to the top. :undecided

We now wash each and every one of them...and what a PAIN that is!! I might try just doing the alcohol on the bottom, but it drives me nuts if the glass isn't crystal clear at the top after pouring.....if I only cared as much about how our drinking glasses come out of the dishwasher...lol