Liquid Crystal Concentrate

Accents

Does anyone use this? It's a Stephenson base that makes shower gel, shampoo and bubble bath. I get a strong soap smell even after following all directions. I add 1% FO, called Stephenson today and it was suggested I try increasing FO to 1.5%. No change. Anyone else notice this? I'm kind of hoping it's just me and maybe I got a funny batch or something; they said no one had ever called with this complaint before.

I use this concentrate, sometimes I notice the strong soap smell. When I do, I tend to add more FO and then the final product is very thin and I end up messing with crothix to thicken it. I have found that if I use the recommended amount of FO, after it is thickened and sits a while the fo comes through. HTH.

The crothix can get really stiff really fast. I use the salt as a thickener and it works great most of the time, but every once in a while I run across a FO that thins it so much that the salt clouds the shower gel. That is when I use a very little bit of crothix, you can gradually increase the amount of crothix, but after is sits a few minutes, it does get really thick, so be careful. It has saved a few batches of shower gel for me, though. Good luck.