Lotion thickened to a mousse?

I have been playing around with a new lotion recipe and at first it came out runny, after a few days it was the perfect lotion texture, now (after about 2 weeks) it is like a whipped creamy mousse texture. Still feels amazing, but was just wondering why the texture changed like this. This is the recipe I used... (it was a 1 lb. recipe)

RBO 1 oz.

FCO .92 oz.

water 12.64 oz.

ewax .8 oz.

stearic .48 oz.

cyclo .16 oz.

germaben .02 oz.

any suggestions of why it did this?

I am hoping someone chimes in on this. I've been looking for a good lotion recipe and this seems like a good one. Maybe package it in jars as a body mousse just a thought. I may go ahead and try this one myself.

I am hoping someone chimes in on this. I've been looking for a good lotion recipe and this seems like a good one. Maybe package it in jars as a body mousse just a thought. I may go ahead and try this one myself.

I do have it in a jar right now and I thought the same, sell it as a body mousse. The texture is real light and sort of like cool whip.

I noticed when I mix my lotion up, if i blend it on too high a setting with my stick blender, it gets airy, like a mousse. However, over time it mellows out again.

Do you know how long it took for it to mellow back out? I really would like to have a mousse type lotion as well as a regular lotion.

Do you know how long it took for it to mellow back out? I really would like to have a mousse type lotion as well as a regular lotion.

It only seemed to change from mousse to lotion consistency after getting a bit warmer from being in my purse. The ones I had in storage in my cool basement are still whippy. I'd say if you use a bit less water and a Kitchenade stick blender on the highest setting (9), which is what I did, it would stay that whipped consistency.

My testers loved it, they just complained that it ran out too fast. I suppose that's because the whipped up, moussey version has a lot of air. Takes up more space in containers, but really it's less product.

Just a thought... sometimes if micro-buggies get into lotions or creams they'll make a runny lotion very thick or a thick lotion very runny or even separate.

Eww, can they be seen or do they have to be tested to be found. I just use this particular lotion on myself. I've heard so many things about lotions and such I would be too afraid to sell it for awhile. I keep checking it everyday to see if I can see little buggies. LOL.