LX wicks in an 8oz Jelly Jar

I bought some sample packs to try, but they didn't come with any directions on which size to start with what size jar.

I found a website that lists about 6 different sizes I can use for an 8oz Jelly Jar. I'd really prefer not to have to use that many if I can find someone on here who can give me a better reference point of where to start.

I use KY Perfect Blend....

For those of you who use this wick, what size do you use in an 8oz JJ?

Thank you,

I am testing a pink sugar candle using my own 50/50 blend. I used GB 444 and IGI 4630 comfort blend in an 8 oz jelly jar.

The LX 16 isn't quite reaching the edges but it might catch up as it burns. In comparison, I tested one earlier using this blend with a zinc wick (44-24-18z) that gave me a 3/4 inch melt pool in 2 hours :undecided

When I used the KY Perfect Blend, I used CD and RRD wicks not LX wicks.

By the way, are you using the improved perfect blend? If so, how is it working? I had some problems with the old formula and thought about trying the new.

I started on 8 oz jellies. In pure soy, which I think your KY only has like 2% cottonseed so they are similar. I started with LX 22's and found the 24's to have a great burn pool and never left hangup. I dont know if another wick would actually give me throw, I cant decide if it is meltpool or wick that gives the fragrance throw. IMO the LX's sometimes need to be upped at least 2 sizes than from what is recommended.

HTH

Natalie

'

By the way, are you using the improved perfect blend? If so, how is it working? I had some problems with the old formula and thought about trying the new.

Yes, I just started using the new & improved (finally finished up the other). I only poured about 5 candles....no sinkholes (which was a major plus for me), but did still have some wetspots and frosting issues. I plan on pouring at different temps to see if I can eliminate this frosting thing....if not, I'll just go dyeless! :) The wetspots don't really bother me that much, but I don't like the frosting...

I do like the fact that you can pour in unheated jars....and the wax sets up really fast. Vickey (of KY) has been extremely helpful. She's been giving me tips on things to try...

Overall, I really like it better than the old....THE CRACKING IS GONE! :yay: