Fragrance Oil Reviews (Various Suppliers)

evesorto

I use igi 4627, 12% fo for my 6 oz jar candles.

I use igi 4786, 10% for my tarts (.75 oz).

When I test a scent, I put one tart in my 8'x10' bathroom, with door closed. I smell in one hour. If the smell is strong, I open the door which opens into my 15'x19' bedroom, and see if the smell fills the large room.

If the smell isn't strong, then I add a second, tart. Following the same procedure; first bathroom, then bedroom. If the scent is still not throwing, then I try the 6 oz container candle.

If I put a *, it is because I love the scent so much I bought/or am buying the large bottle.

I have recently made/burned the following oils and thought I'd share my experience with those who might be interested.

Fragrance Oil Heaven

Every single oil that I have purchased from here has had a strong hot throw....so it comes down to personal preference of scents.

amber blush*-two tarts does the whole house. Great feminine scent. Strong

apple cobbler*-one tart does the whole house-apple pie. Strong

bamboo*-two tarts does the whole house-clean fresh. Strong

coco beach*-cold throw is soft, but one tart does the whole house-. Strong

creme brule*- great burnt vanilla scent, one tart does the whole house.stron

crystal sunshine-one tart does the whole house, citrusy scent. strong

euc spearmint*-two tarts does the whole house, clean intoxicating. strong

carrot cake-one tart does the whole house, sweet cinnamon, cake. strong

indo teak*- soft cold throw. two tarts does the house, heady sensual. strong

japan pear*-one tart, awesome cold and hot, more pear, some spice. strong

madagasc vanilla*-two tarts does the whole house, complex vanilla. strong

orange bundt cake*-one tart, love this orange cake smell. strong

red curr thyme*-one tart, ice tea scent. strong

rocky mountain-one tart, christmas trees. strong

sensual secrets*-one tart, sensual vanilla sandalwood. strong

tuscan herb-one tart, awesome, tomato basil, floral, hard to explain. strong

yuzu*-one tart. I like this citrus heady scent, strong

Fragrance by Design.

These are designer dupes. They all smelled wonderful oob. Perhaps they would be phenomenal in Bath and Body. Some were great in wax, others not so much.

Nectarine Honey Blossom*- Jo Malone dupe, Wonderful...this took two tarts to fill the house. It was identical to SweetCakes NHB and $18 less for a 16 oz bottle

Amazing Grace- soft cold throw. Took a 6 oz candle to fill the bedroom. Soft

Tranquil Sleep. Calming powdery scent, two tarts filled the house. Strong

Lime Basil Mandarine*-oob, exact dupe to Jo Malone, didn't test in wax

Black Vetyver Cafe- disappointing, great dupe but no throw. 6 oz candle didn't even fill the bathroom. Weak

Dolce Gabbana Light Blue- disappointing, exact dupe, No Throw, 6 oz candle didn't let off any scent at all. Weak

Pink Sugar*-great scent, two tarts fill the whole house. Strong

Tony's

Black Vetyver Cafe- smelled like Frag by Desing. and also had no throw, one 6 oz candle didnt even fill the bathroom. Weak

Oakmoss*- wow, love this scent. one tart fills house in two minutes! strong

Moonlight path- one 6 oz candle to fill house. NOT BBW dupe. just ok (imo)

Jo Malone Type*. Strong great masculine scent. one tart does the house. strong

Honeysuckle Grapefruit. Love this scent. one tart does the house. strong

Patchouli- disappointing, one 6 oz candle didn't fill the bathroom. Weak

Red Currant Votivo- awesome dupe, quality equals SC, much cheaper. one tart does the house. strong

Eucalyptus thyme- one tart does it. but it smells live Ivory soap. strong

I figure it's nice to get an opinion on oil strength.

Hope my input can help someone.

Eve

Those were excellent reviews. Thank you so much for taking the time to share them. I really enjoyed how you laid it out there, very helpful. I have tried some of the FOH scents and I agree with what you said.

No, I havent tried the orange danish....I did try FOH Orange Bundt Cake and OMG...it is amazing. It is hard to describe...it is like a phenomenal bakery scent and yet it is a clean scent...it is really something that is beyond words...try it...you won't be disappointed...it is a strong thrower, too.

eve

All reviews should list wax, wicks, %, all the pertinents. Good job.

The only thing I question is 12% in cb. I use 8% in containers, occasionally go to 9% but would never go to 12%. I would be afraid of seepage over time, especially with heavier oils. I personally consider anything over 9% a waste of fo. I do sometimes go 10% in tarts, though, which are a blend of cb and any number of other higher mp paraffins.

I think if you backed off on your percentages, you would be just as happy with the results. And you would have more money to spend on more fo.

I read on the igi website that the 4627 holds 12%. I was trying to make the equivalent of a high end candle and I thought that high end candles had up towards 15% fo.

I have a couple of oils that are super expensive (and strong). Perhaps, I will lower to 10% with these oils and see if they are just as good.

I appreciate the input.

Eve

Eve - It just 'registered' :wink2: that you described the FOH Creme Brule as 'burnt' vanilla - exactly what I've been looking for...do you have any suggestions for suppliers for Oatmeal Raisin and/or Snickerdoodle?...kind of the same sort of scent I'm looking for in them that I can't seem to find...thank you!