100% UPC paraffin wax, formulated specifically for cosmetic use

I have a feeling it might be a typo and is supposed to read USP.

I've only heard USP applied to mineral oil and petrolatum -- maybe because those are so commonly used in cosmetics -- but I suppose USP certified paraffin is just as plausible. It's no different from wax you could use for candlemaking but we'd need to know more about it to determine what sort of candles it would be useful for. Just like saying a paraffin is FDA food grade doesn't tell you what you can do with it.

Well...lol...I want to try to make a rustic and I don't want to buy anymore wax that I don't currently use. I have this 2 lb slab of paraffin that I bought about 8 months ago from NG with another bright idea that never developed. I was going to do hand dips. Here's the link that explains what it is. http://www.naturesgardencandles.com/candlemaking-soap-supplies/item/Dip-1

So, my dumb question of the day is: Can I use this to make a rustic just to see if I can do it (obtain the look) and if I like it, before investing in another wax I'll never use? Am I making sense?

No it's a reasonable question, but I'm afraid you can't use that for rustics.

Therapeutic wax for dipping is usually straight paraffin with a very low melt point (less than 125) so that it can be used liquid without burning the skin. Also it's often a "scale wax" that isn't quite fully refined so it has a higher residual oil content. You might be able to feel that when you touch the slab and it might even have a slightly gummy texture.

Bottom line is, this paraffin is suited to container applications rather than rustic pillars. For rustics you need a fully refined wax with a higher melt point.

Top...thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. I had a feeling it wasn't going to work. Oh well...looks like I'll rotate rustics down the list for now as I'm waiting on my tealight plug to attempt forever palm pillars. Thanks Again