frustration

Sarah

total vent here. i just found out through one of those automatic emails that my credit card is overbalance :shocked2: lol. so i check, one of my suppliers charged me twice for a decent sized order, 2 days apart. alright, so i try to call my cc company, and can not get ahold of a real person. it actually says 'we are unable to provide you with the level of service you deserve at this time, please call back at a later time' LOL (time to think about getting rid of that card completely, i think.) so i send an email off to them and to the supplier. i tell the supplier that i would rather just deal with this quickly with them rather than get my cc company involved right off the bat. but i have also been charged with an overlimit fee now (of course).

so does anyone know what i can expect? i know credit cards are supposed to offer you a little protection when it comes to this stuff, i just really hope this doesn't turn into the big hassle that i had when i experienced debit card fraud a couple years back (and am i EVER glad i did not use my debit card for this purchase!!)

I would think that the supplier will take off one charge. What probably happened is they put a hold on it when you ordered and then instead of just accepting the hold they billed again then proably accepted the hold. Hence the couple day difference. Then I would think once your credit card co. provides you with the level of service you deserve they would reverse the otl fee because of an obvious oversite that was beyond your control. If not I would ask them where they would like you to mail the card. LOL

Guest EMercier

This happens to me every now and then. I call my CC company first. If I can't get a hold of a person, then I don't want the card. Then I call the company. If they are good they will help you out. If it was a mistake normally the CC company will accept a letter and credit you the over limit fee. Sometimes (again, if it's a good company) they will take it off and notice it's twice and there could be a problem.