Wick stickers for tealights

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

Has anyone tried using the wick stickers for tealights? Just something I though of. Never made tealights, but wondered is anyone has tried that. I figured it would be better. Also, can you use regular container wax with tealights as well?

Yes - they work perfectly. You have to use the 15mm ones though - not the 20mm. If you use the 20mm ones you'll have a lot of left over wax at the bottom because the neck of the tab will be too high up. The 15mm sit right into the indentation of the tealight cup.

You can use regular container wax - not votive or pillar wax.

A tealight is just a 1.5 x 1" container. So, use container wax. I would want to use a low-meltpoint wax - which container waxes are. I guess there are people that use up any type of left over wax for them - but I don't. I also wouldn't want to do all that testing! However, if you use one of those polyurethane tealight molds that make multiple tealights at a time, then I would use a votive wax in that case.

The wick stickers I use are http://secure.candlesupply.com/catalog_page.cfm?queries_index=index7&ProductCodeI D=36&ProductSubCodeID=65 (Product # wStick15)

Just so you know, depending upon your neck size of your tab, you will get some wax left in the bottom of the cup. I use tabs with 3.8mm neck. What happens is that the wick stickum raises the tab base up a bit - approximately LEVEL with the main bottom of the teacup. Therefore, the amount of wax you have will be equal to the lenght of the neck of your wick tab. I like this actually. Its a safety factor the way I look at it. (3.8mm = about .15 of an inch - so that is about how much left you may have).

Naturally you want to test them just like any container. I just got done testing mine over the weekend and I get a 7 hour burn and the flame goes out, leaving a bit of wax at the bottom. (Yes, it wastes a tiny bit, but better that than having an issue with the cups, flame, and wax).

This is what works great for me. They're called Zots, brand name, clear adhesive dots, paper thin. I think they were about $4.00 for 300. They are paper thin and will only work if you have the small 15 mm tabs that fit in the indentation that is in the bottom of the t-lite tins. I just touch the bottom of the tab to the glue dot and stick in holder, sometime I have to use two because my aim isn't good. Look in the memory book/photo albums isle at WalMart, that's where I got mine. HTH