bath jelly questions

Jooniper

I was making up some bath jellies for kids and the first batch I made with liquid soap I made from some of my CP soaps grated and boiling water added and mixed.The other batch I made with store bought liquid soap.

My problem:

The consistancy of the batch I made with the CP mixture was slimy and really what I was hoping for...I think kids would dig it.....but very little bubbles....

The batch I made with the liquid store bought soap came out very firm and not slimey at all.....better bubbles though.

I am interested in knowing what the consistancy is supposed to be with this recipe.... AND how can I get it slimey and bubbly?

The recipe is:

1/2 boiling water added to a knox gelatin packet. Add 1/2 cup liquid soap and colorant...fragrance. ( I just used a smidge :) of fragrance and a few drops colorants).

Any suggestions are welcome and I thank you!

I've never made it, but I've read its supposed to have a jello consistency. It was on my list of "to try" but I decided against it as the few that tried it said it grew mold if you didn't use it right up. Storing it in the frig and using distilled water along w/ preservatives helps to prolong it a little.