soy scent?

I was at a show over the weekend just checking it out for future reference. And my sister talked to one of the two candle sellers. I had already determine that his candles must be at least partially paraffin but she went ahead and asked him. He said that they were paraffin and that he had played with/worked with soy before but had a problem getting rid of the "soy scent". Now I make a soy blend and have NO idea what he means by 'soy scent' and obviously I can't really search it as soy is only three letters and scent is extremely common so can you guys help me?

TIA

I've poured soy for over 6 years,,, this is the first I've ever heard of a "soy scent".. I know some people put some shortening in it as an additive to help smooth the tops, now those I've heard go rancid. As far as a soy scent, soy wax doesnt' smell any different to me, than the paraffin I used to pour. They smell like "wax". Keeping soy at high temps will discolor and give the wax a brunt smell, but other than that, I've never experienced a "soy scent". Perhaps it's the different types of soy and soy blends that are on the market. The are parasoys, soy blends with cottonseed, soy with botanical oils... maybe some of those waxes give off a different scent... I use 100% soy from EL.