merchant services & smart phone

Well, I'm due for a new cell phone anyway so I was wondering if it is possible to use a smart phone like a blackberry to access the internet and process credit cards. Of course I do not have a merchant account with anyone so i would need to know which providers offer online entering of card information. I just think that it would be soooooo much cheaper for me if I didnt' need to have a knucklebuster, laptop, or an actual terminal with me at the shows. It would also be nice if I could incorporate the merchant account into my website so that payments didn't have to be made with paypal.

Thanks everyone, I know you will be very helpful !

I process credit cards through Propay and just call them in on my cell phone from shows. Takes a few minutes to enter all the numbers, listen to them repeat everything... but it worked. You don't necessarily need a "smart" phone, IMO

I just got a new swiper - cell/swiper thingy - and it is so cool!

it was free with my merchant accoutn (I switched services), and I pay 19.99/mo for airtime. but my transaction rates are fixed and much lower than I was paying before. I couldn't be happier.

PM/email me and I"ll send you my referral form. ;)