Forever Palm instructions?

I've seen the pretty photos of the Forever Palms in this forum and I did a search to locate instructions. The search only displayed threads with photos. Can someone post how to make these? For the life of me I can't figure out what you would put in the center of the mold to keep it hollow that would actually come out in place of the votive or tea light once the wax hardens.

Thank you for the link. For some reason I am still a bit confused:o . At first it sounded a bit like a hurricane but after reading all the information it isn't exactly like a hurricane. It has been a while since I worked with palm but I recall having to pour hot into heated molds. It seems like if the glass votive that is in the mold the hot wax might shatter the glass? So you pour into one mold, hold the votive glass in place until it sets up then pour another? Gosh, that seems time consuming! It would take all day just to make a few of them. I think I need a visual of the mold & insert or a demo of someone actually making one. LOL!

I hope this will be useful to you.

I have also been trying to figure out the Great Mystery of the Forever Pillar. I was on Peak looking for the tea light insert plug that I had seen on 2 other sites (both of which happen to be closed for anywhere from 60 days to late May) and I used the feature to talk to a "real live person." Nachelle was so incredibly helpful, and even though Peak does not carry the plugs, she kep working until she found a website that did! I had been searching the Internet for about an hour, tried eBay, and I have not been on this board long enough to post a classified ad.

Here's the link:

www.candlesandsupplies.com

SKU # isPLUG-T and they call them "rubber tealight mold insert"

They also have one for flower pot votives, but I could not find one for standard votives.

I just oredered mine, so I can't tell you anything about them yet.

Hope this helps!:D

so you can use IGI 1242 or would it be better to use IGI 1260...palm is nice too though. I find it hard to work with though at times. How clear do these waterdecals come out on a candle...??? Do they look clear and not like they are 'cracked' if you get what i mean.

so you can use IGI 1242 or would it be better to use IGI 1260...palm is nice too though. I find it hard to work with though at times. How clear do these waterdecals come out on a candle...??? Do they look clear and not like they are 'cracked' if you get what i mean.

I just did my first water slide decal on palm today & it turned out great! I still have to spray it one more time with clear coat, but so far its turned out pretty good.

post-5306-13945842559_thumb.jpg

WOW...that is a beautiful candle! My moms favorite colour...are you just using regular palm wax? Is there a difference when it comes to palm waxes? I didnt think there was. It does look really clear. THank you for posting. I actually got home today to find my 5 sheets of clear and 5 sheets of white waterslide decal in the mail. Cant wait to try it!

• 11 months later...

Is there a difference between the palm waxes when it comes to making forever pillars? I know there is different waxes for different effects. I want to try and make one for Mother's Day and seeing how palm wax and I dont get along I figure I should start trying now! lol.....and also how do you get a really white candle with palm? Not just wax white but a solid white colour?