FH vs KY Para/soy

I've been using JS 50/50 Pillar and Votive wax for a long while now to make tarts. The price is steadily going up to where there is not much of a profit margin anymore with shipping. I've had a few tell me that FH has a good para/soy as well as KY. I certain don't doubt they are great waxes.

I called both places and they won't say what the ratio is on their Pillar Votive wax. So, what do I tell my customers? I don't want a 70/30 % blend, and as far as "Other Additives", what does that mean. What else is there? I want something as close to 50/50 that I can possibly get, soy and para.

I buy my FO from several places and I know they work in the 50/50. I certainly don't want to have to start retesting tarts after all these years.

So, my question is...Does anyone else use the 50/50 parasoy wax for Pillar Votives from FH or KY that has at anytime before used JS to make tarts? Are they close in comparison? Am I asking to much to know what percentage is in the wax I buy? I don't need to know their exact ingrediences, but a close estimate would make my life much easier. Any help or recommendations would greatly be appreciated.

Cee

I use the 50/50 pillar & votive wax from FH. Sorry, but I've never used the one from JS.

In comparison to JS, the 50/50 from FH has the same melt point, is used for the same applications, the pour temp is the same, and both come in granulated form.

I think it stinks that we're not told what the other 50% consists of. I can only guess that it could be paraffin, beeswax, palm wax, cottonseed, or a combination of two or more of them. I agree, we should be told what we're buying ... it would be nice to know in case our customers have any questions about the wax.

Since your making tarts and don't have to worry about wicks, I don't think you'll have any problems.

Thanks once again Candlebuddy! I just ordered a small amount from both places to see what happens. I just really feel like I'm flying blind by not knowing what is in the wax. I guess I can eat $30 shipping from JS for 50 lbs if the others don't work out. I know I have orders and almost outta wax, so something better work soon, LOL! Thanks again!