Second pour question?

Hi,

I have been experiencing some cave ins around the wick lately. I was thinking about trying a second pour instead of the heat gun, but I'm not sure if it's too late. Can I top this off with a second pour after the candles are set up? I hope this makes sense. Is there a certain time this has to be done? Thanks.

Janet

Is this a container candle? It's OK to poke relief holes in a container, close to the wick maybe two or three times. It can be done once the wax has set up but is no longer liquid. The re-pour can be done just up to the level of the original pour to avoid a line around the outside. HTH

Another option that I find the easiest is to zap the top with a heat gun. Melting down just enough of the top to level things out. If you don't have a heat gun, I suggest you get one, its one of those must have supplies!! :grin2:

Until you get one you can use a hairdryer, you just have to be careful that you don't blow melted wax all over the place.

Hi,

Thanks for the response to my question. I do have a heat gun, but some of the time when I use it my jars start to frost or they get wet spots. So that's why I want to give a second pour a try.

Yes, they are container candles. When I poke holes, it looks worse. So I will do that and try a second pour.

But can I do the second pour after the candle cools down? Or does it have to be done while it is still warm?

Janet