Twp Collapsible Molds I scored off Ebay

Carriegsxr6

Those look nice! You will have to let us know how you like them when you put some soap in them. I am going to have to find a different option also since I can't seem to get ahold of him. I need bigger molds.....and I need them yesterday...LOL

Those look nice! You will have to let us know how you like them when you put some soap in them. I am going to have to find a different option also since I can't seem to get ahold of him. I need bigger molds.....and I need them yesterday...LOL

She also has a couple of 5-6lb molds. $15ea as well and she will combine shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wooden-Soap-Mold-5-to-6-pound-Take-Apart-Mold-New_W0QQitemZ280098468315QQihZ018QQcategoryZ28116QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wooden-Soap-Mold-5-to-6-pound-Take-Apart-Mold-New_W0QQitemZ280097063126QQihZ018QQcategoryZ28116QQcmdZViewItem

Carrie...be sure to recalculate how much the molds will hold. The ebay link you put up, for the 5-6 lb loaf will only use about 4 1/4 pounds of oils. The finished weight may be 5-6 pounds though.

The formula I used, since the ebay listing gave the dimensions:

3.5x3.5x14.25x.4 = 69.825(oz) / 16 = 4.36 pounds

My Do-Right mold said 4 pounds...and I can only fit 40oz of oils in there, or 2 1/2 pounds.

Donna

When figuring out how much your mold will hold you need to factor in what your lye/water ratio is as well. When I got my TOG Paul said 2 lbs of oils in each side - at that time I soaped at 27% and had enough left to fill about 4 muffins. I emailed him and he was soaping at 33% or something. Now I soap between 30-33% most of the time depending on acceleration and when I was using my tog the 33% fit just right.

Bethany

Carrie...be sure to recalculate how much the molds will hold. The ebay link you put up, for the 5-6 lb loaf will only use about 4 1/4 pounds of oils. The finished weight may be 5-6 pounds though.

The formula I used, since the ebay listing gave the dimensions:

3.5x3.5x14.25x.4 = 69.825(oz) / 16 = 4.36 pounds

My Do-Right mold said 4 pounds...and I can only fit 40oz of oils in there, or 2 1/2 pounds.

Donna

yes i always consider any mold I buy to hold the total of wet soap. (oils plus water/lye)

I see these molds all the time...can these be used w/ M&P?

Does collapsible = able to lift the loaf out of the mold?

collapsible means that instead of trying to get the soap to plop out of the mold, you can simply unscrew the bolts and remove the sides away from the soap.

yes it can be used for any type of soap, just as long as you line it with freezer paper, or now the more popular choice of foam sheets from the craft store.

I have to say that I am NOT liking the foam sheets. I've been using them for 3 months and am switching back to freezer paper. I do not like cleaning the things and you have to be careful not to stretch them out when you do. I can but out my freezer paper template and line the mold much faster and I can just throw them away!

My two Cents,

Bethany

I have to say that I am NOT liking the foam sheets. I've been using them for 3 months and am switching back to freezer paper. I do not like cleaning the things and you have to be careful not to stretch them out when you do. I can but out my freezer paper template and line the mold much faster and I can just throw them away!

My two Cents,

Bethany

Yes I agree they can be a pain in the butt when you first start using them. I think I went through 3 or 4 sheets just trying to cut them the perfect size so the soap doesnt leak through. lol

I also noticed if I peel them away from the soap too soon, I get a white residue (probably ash) that forms right where the liner was applied to. So I leave the liner on for two days before I peel away.

personally I like the idea of being able to reuse them, buying the reynolds freezer paper is costly and I usually always get crinkle marks on the bottim of my soap. :undecided

collapsible means that instead of trying to get the soap to plop out of the mold, you can simply unscrew the bolts and remove the sides away from the soap.

yes it can be used for any type of soap, just as long as you line it with freezer paper, or now the more popular choice of foam sheets from the craft store.

Thanks, Carrie!

Now I can look into getting 1...or 2...or...LOL

Sharon

Thanks' date=' Carrie!

Now I can look into getting 1...or 2...or...LOL

Sharon[/quote']

hey i just wanted to follow up again on this post. I received my molds today and they are super clean, straight and nice. virgin wood. hehe

I usually make CP and turn on the oven to warm, then turn it off and place my mold there to jump start gel. I think if I threw these dry new wood molds in the oven they would probably warp. I may have to oil them up a few times first.

Carrie

Could you use that asa tester mold tooo. I mean that it looks as though you could put the two end pieces where you want them to be. Is that right or do the end boards have to be at the end?

Sherry at happysoaping is very nice. I have the same molds. You know what makes the perfect liner for these? Go to USPS.com and go to the shipping/mailing center. Here is the link:

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=13353&productId=11603&langId=-1

I cut one side and turn it so the inside is touching my soap. Fits perfectly and it takes literally 15 seconds to line the mold. And did I mention they are free and you can order up to 500 of them and they are free? In fact I use them for all my molds.

Sherry will also give you a nice deal if you want to buy more than one mold. I am getting more from her hopefully in the next two weeks. Converting all my molds to these. If you pm me I can give you her email address so you can buy directly from her and save Ebay fees for her.

Carrie

Could you use that asa tester mold tooo. I mean that it looks as though you could put the two end pieces where you want them to be. Is that right or do the end boards have to be at the end?

yep sure can. you can move the side pieces closer to the middle and make the mold smaller. :D

Sherry at happysoaping is very nice. I have the same molds. You know what makes the perfect liner for these? Go to USPS.com and go to the shipping/mailing center. Here is the link:

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=13353&productId=11603&langId=-1

I cut one side and turn it so the inside is touching my soap. Fits perfectly and it takes literally 15 seconds to line the mold. And did I mention they are free and you can order up to 500 of them and they are free? In fact I use them for all my molds.

Sherry will also give you a nice deal if you want to buy more than one mold. I am getting more from her hopefully in the next two weeks. Converting all my molds to these. If you pm me I can give you her email address so you can buy directly from her and save Ebay fees for her.

wow, thanks for the tips. I will PM you