Is it safe for gel candles???

citygrl707

I have a bride and groom i brought from metro , its like a craft store. They are cerrmanic glass . I tried to burn them to see if they were flamable it didnt catch fire. I dont know what other way to test to make sure its candle safe. Suggestions, thank you

I called the store and the manager said he belived them to be safe but i wasnt taking his word for it. thank you

Check it over very closely. Make sure that there isn't even a pinhole sized spot that isn't glazed. If there is, when you pour the gel in the candle, gel will be absorbed into that little hole(believe it or not), you'll get tons of bubbles coming out of the hole, and the unglazed ceramic will look like alka seltzer dissolving, and it will be all over your candle! Needless to say, it would be unsafe besides. And if that doesn't happen(if the gel is poured at cooler temps), gel will still get inside it, and it could catch on fire. Sometimes you can't even see these small pinholes, and most people that sell ceramics for gel candles recommend double glassing, or crimping the wick above the embed. HTH.:D

Make the gel candle an everlasting. Use un-scented gel in the bottom and put them in there then put a glass tealight or glass votive holder embeded in the top. That way it can always be burned and stay looking new, without the worries "is it safe or not".