Has anybody used Joy Wax

Yes i have another question, I applogise. I was thinking about ordering Joy Wax from natures garden candles, but want to know if anybody has ordered it before and if so, do you like it, and why do you like it???

And also have a non wax question, since i started making candles and my friends on co workers found out, they have been asking me how i make my candles, and one of my friends actually said if you can do it, I know i can, which i took total offense to. The reason for my friends comment was because i had her test one of my candles and gave her a sheet of questions like what did you like about it, didn't like, could you smell it when it was burning, or not burning, etc....., well she opened it in front of her client and her client wants some candles, all my friend saw was $$$$$ signs, and has no clue what making candles is all about, I told her its trial and error, but still nags me for everything, she even asked to be a partner if i decided to sell, basically her words, I make the candles she helps sells them and she gets half of the profit, LOL, LOL. What do you tell people that think candle making is easy and there isn't anything to it, that think that you pour the wax into the containers and vioula its done.

Sorry so long, I'm just frustrated, I just wanted a hobby.

Mindy :)

I used to use Joy Wax...and I'm not bashing it...it's a fine container wax...but I found that I liked the J223 better. Joy Wax colors beautifully, has great hot and cold throw and won't leave you with wet spots. There were two things that made me try something else....First, it wouldn't throw every scent that I put into it. Since there is such a high concentration of soy in their blend, it's got some of the draw backs of soy...which is, it is fininicky about throwing certain scents. Secondly, wicking can be quite troublesome. Because the consistency is very greasy, it soots a fair amount of the time and it also creates huge mushrooms on the wicks...something that I detest immensely. I worked with it for over a year and then decided I'd try something else since I couldn't seem to solve those two issues.

I have used JOY wax for almost 3 years now, and for the most part I really like it. It has fantastic cold throw, but like stated above, it has a tendency not to do well some some FO's... but just a small few. I do have one slight problem that I have been struggling with. On the rare occasion that I have to top off a candle do to sinking (mainly due to the container type) I have trouble with it coming out looking bumpy on top. It almost looks like cell's. very annoying.. Wicking can be tricky. I started out using Zinc but didnt like the mushrooming of the wick, so now I am using HTP wicks, which has seemed to solve that problem, and they burn extremely well. Overall I would give it a definate thumbs up.. HTH

I bought a slab of it, and it has it's pros and cons. It's a nice creamy finish,colors well. I don't get as many wet spots with it, but have to really blast it with the heat gun cuz it has some dips in it after its cooled and some scents don't throw well with it. I like my J50 and J223 better. You'll just have to try it and see how you like it. JMO