made my 2nd batch of CP soap!!

jane23

I am having so much fun with this! this is what i did...

lard- 30%

coconut 76 deg.- 30%

olive oil- 20%

safflower oil- 20%

no dye, scented sandalwood

is this a decent recipe? i'm just kinda making recipes up with the soap calc, using stuff i can get at the grocery store. i need to research more about the chemistry of all this...

and also, when it starts to gel it looks like crap on top, then when it's done it has what looks like foam or bubbles on top... is this ash?

thanks for the tip on coconut oil!

yes, i keep it covered with a piece of freezer paper and a towel and blanket over that. whatever it is doesn't really bother me right now, i'm just happy i can make soap :grin2: but i would like to know how to prevent it. it covers the entire top surface and looks like bubbly foam to me

The recipe looks pretty good to me. One of my favorite recipes is 30% CO - but also has 30% OO to balance that out.

Not sure about your tops. As it starts to gel it gets darker and a little translucent. If it's overheating the oils can ooze out the top and if it's really overheating you can get a crocodile skin surface. If you see that just take off the insulation or lid.