golden shea butter

Robertal

Which golden shea are you using, Robertal? I am talking about the golden shea from Agbanga Karite. If you are talking about the shea from the company that adds color to make it "golden" disregard my above post.

Jadryga, the shea butter and the golden shea butter from Agbanga Karite are entirely different butters and have nothing to do with whether it's refined or not. The shea butter is soft and buttery at room temp and the golden shea is hard at room temperature.

The technical name is Kpangnan Butter a/k/s African Tallow a/k/a golden shea. This butter is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from shea butter although people refer to it as golden shea. The scent/texture is wonderful much less greasy & much smoother than shea. I ordered from Agbangkarite--price is outrageous--& www.bubblesandbeyond.com, which was much less, & both were IDENTICAL in every respect. Once you use Kpangnan Butter you will never use regular shea. www.bubblesandbeyond.com offers a good selection/excellent prices & co-ops. The have other butters not listed so contact customer service. It is a new company & they aim to please. They will send samples with the order if you request them.

The technical name is Kpangnan Butter a/k/s African Tallow a/k/a golden shea. This butter is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from shea butter although people refer to it as golden shea. The scent/texture is wonderful much less greasy & much smoother than shea. I ordered from Agbangkarite--price is outrageous--& www.bubblesandbeyond.com, which was much less, & both were IDENTICAL in every respect. Once you use Kpangnan Butter you will never use regular shea. www.bubblesandbeyond.com offers a good selection/excellent prices & co-ops. The have other butters not listed so contact customer service. It is a new company & they aim to please. They will send samples with the order if you request them.

I really dont see their prices as any cheaper. There are co-ops going on all the time and members on this board are easily able to reach the large quantity discount from Agbanga.

Bamboula also offers the Yellow stuff which is even lower than Agbanga pricing.

I do agree though, the yellow is much better than unrefined shea.

When I offer co-ops from Agbanga Karite I sell the golden shea, AKA Painya, AKA Kpangan butter for $3.75 a pound. IMO, $7.50 a pound for the Painya butter is very expensive. I'll be running another shea/painya coop in a couple of months, if you're interested.