Candlescience palm wax

I got an email from Candlescience advertising their new line of palm wax and their own line of wicks (CSN) made by Wedo. Has anyone tried their new wicks or any of their palms?

The Tortoise looks really pretty.

Just went to the site also. Looks like 3 formaulations for pillars and 1 for containers. Wedo, if I remember correctly, manufactures the RRD and LX wicks.

Suprised cost of wax is comperable to the Eco I've been using. May just get 10 lbs for testing. Getting so frustrated with frosting, ugly tops, heat guns, and testing wicks with each new FO I get!

Would be interested in feedback from successful users - expcially about fragrance throw.

• 1 month later...

I've tried the Glass Glow and Starburst. The GG is awesome, very good scent throw and for me it's been a single pour wax. I've only used the Starburst for everlasting pillars so I can't really comment on the scent throw but it makes a beautiful candle.

I'm still testing the GG and did try the CSN wicks but didn't like them at all. They are not rigid and once I got a good melt pool going they tended to slump over and go off center.

I have tried Feather and Tortoise Palm wax form CS. I made 3x5 pillars with both. I used the CSN 12 with both. It burned amazing. The hot and cold throw were both great.The only problem i had was sealing the bottom of the mold. You have to pour at 200 so it was hard to get a good seal.

To get a good seal, try some sculpty molding clay from walmart, with the aluminum tape over it. And make sure you rub down the top of the mold with alcohol before you seal it.

I tried the tortoise now too. I think I'm using a CSN 11 for the 3" pillar. It leaves a thicker shell on the sides than I am used to with my old palm wax.

I do like the fact that you don't have to add stearic, just heat and pour.

The pattern isn't super strong with the tortoise either.