An additive to ecosoya135 cb for tarts?

If you are just looking to make the wax a little harder so it will come out of molds easier, couldn't you just add some stearic acid?

You can blend it with votive tart wax like mentioned or even just a little paraffin.

I pour 100% soy in clamshells or 1 oz cups for tarts without any additives.

Any that I've had left I've poured straight into my tart moulds, so long as I've left it a while they come out ok.

Should I not be doing this? Its what I always do, any wax left over, sets in the tart moulds, put in bags and labelled, should I need that again.

Any that I've had left I've poured straight into my tart moulds' date=' so long as I've left it a while they come out ok.

Should I not be doing this? Its what I always do, any wax left over, sets in the tart moulds, put in bags and labelled, should I need that again.[/quote']

It's fine to do your tarts with straight container blend. ;) I think the biggest reason a lot of us add to it is to firm up the wax so our tarts aren't as soft.

Yes. I originally posted this question because I thought if I didn't add anything to the container wax it would stick to my tart pan. I guess I could've just tried it to see but I'm a stickler for wasting fo and wax. I am so used to making 1 lb. wax/1oz.fo. Also I live in SC and I was thinking of transporting the tarts in the hot, hot summer coming up!!

Thanks everyone!!