The AZ Gathering of Soap and Candle Artisans

Oh what a mess, I feel like I have stuck my foot in my mouth. It hate it when there are two different stories, I knew there were two different things because I got the postcard and I was confused after seeing the adverts for the business one then actually seeing the other one.

Glowlite--that is the site. I hope that isn't going to cause a big division at the gathering this year--I found most of those ladies and gents to be hilarious. Good group of people.

No worries, Di :)

And the whole "coconuts popping" thing....weird, LOL. She was trying to be creative I guess (and no, there were no actual coconuts involved). But other than that, the whole conference was wonderful. Great people, wonderful information. Loved it (thank you, Glowlite :).

Oh what a mess, I feel like I have stuck my foot in my mouth. It hate it when there are two different stories, I knew there were two different things because I got the postcard and I was confused after seeing the adverts for the business one then actually seeing the other one.

Glowlite--that is the site. I hope that isn't going to cause a big division at the gathering this year--I found most of those ladies and gents to be hilarious. Good group of people.

I hope it doesn't either and they are such great people there...but you know what?....I had to intention of going to the summit thing at all I kept going to that site and waiting for info about the gathering in Scottsdale, I figured once the summit was over then info about the other gathering would be up and then I could register for that. If this thread never got started and you never mentioned that they spit I would have continued to think they where the one that is throwing the event in scottdsale. I wonder how many other people think that too?

I agree...I thought the same thing, and kept waiting for the conference info to be posted. It's very confusing. I think I googled it and found the actual Soap and Candle conference site. Got it bookmarked. And no worries, Glo...I would've hunted you down and let ya know eventually :)

Hey guys :) So last year, there were tables marked: "The Soap Dish".....and it was reserved for the women who post on the Dish and were meeting up. Would you like me to email Kelly and see if she would reserve a CT table this year? If you've got other friends to sit with...no worries :) Just thought it would be easier to meet up if we had a designated spot! Let me know!

D

After reading several of the post on the confusion on the AZ gathering, I thought maybe I could help clear things up. Yes, there are two different sites: azgathering.com and theazgathering.com. Rose (azgathering.com) started the gathering years ago, for mostly soapers in the Phoenix area. It grew from a small group of just a few ladies, to a large yearly gathering of more than 150 crafters. Each year, Rose along with a small committee would put this gathering on. I attended as a vendor and did demos for them for years.

As with all committees from time to time problems arouse. Decisions on the purpose or the direction the gathering should go; tore the group apart. Several of the original committee member quit for their own personal reasons. Rose, however, was told that her services were no longer needed by one last committee member. I know she left with a heavy heart. This year, the gathering has now been given to a totally new group of people, who felt they were entitled to use the name of the 9th annual azgathering.com.

Yes, Rose is my web designer and a good friend. In the last eight years that I have known her, I've seen her devote her services as a soap supplier, as a web designer, and a teacher to hundreds of crafters. I know her hopes for the azgathering were only to continue to improve and provide new opportunities to all who came.

Since she is no longer apart of the gathering, she has once again started a new endeavor. Azgathering.com is still for soapers and candle makers. Rose has continued to use the name she registered from the beginning. The purpose of the gathering (The Summit) has changed somewhat. It is now geared to help crafter learn how to start their own home based business or for others who just need a little helping hand. The gathering in June will be a fun day, just as it always has been. I will be there to spend time with several of my customers and friends.

I hope this clears up some of the misunderstanding; there are always two sides to every story, just ask….then make up your own mind.

Geltyme.com

Hey guys :) So last year, there were tables marked: "The Soap Dish".....and it was reserved for the women who post on the Dish and were meeting up. Would you like me to email Kelly and see if she would reserve a CT table this year? If you've got other friends to sit with...no worries :) Just thought it would be easier to meet up if we had a designated spot! Let me know!

D

So do we have enough people for a table?

Hey guys :)

Geltyme, thank you for clearing that up. I think most of us realize that there are always politics involved in every kind of business organization. We were in no way demeaning Rose, just confused about the site name. Thank you for letting us know what is up :)

Everyone else....I'm making a sign for Kelley to put at our table. Her only request was that if we don't have enough people to fill the table, that we allow others to sit with us :) I told her no problem at all! Should I have it say "Candletech Junkies & FO HOs" ?? Just kiddin' :D

EEk, I forgot to send the sign. I've been crazy busy with Open House stuff. I'm not sure how many are actually planning on sitting at the CT table (I know alot of people have friends there that don't belong to CT). I'm definitely going. Let's do a definite head count and then we can let Kelley know. Sorry, guys. Stupid Open House :rolleyes2