The AZ Gathering of Soap and Candle Artisans

I email the AZ gathering to see if i would do well there being that i only do candles. From what other people have said, the photos on the website, the sponsors, vendors, guest speaker, and people giving demo it is all soapers. They more than welcome candles just no chandlers have signed up. So she asked me if i was willing to do a demo. *faint* Is am soooo shy though and what would i do? show them how to make wickless candles? That is so easy. But i only make candles and would love to learn soaping. Do you think that soapers love candles and would love to know how?? I always assumed soapers and chandlers go hand in hand. what do you guys think?

I went last year, had a blast. They had a soy candle demo and a pillar demo. I like soaping and b&b so it doesn't bother me that it is "soaper heavy". Not sure if I will be there this year, I go with my friend who does CP soap. There are some great ladies and gents there.

Yes, I do live in Missouri. But I have family in the Phoenix area. So yes, I do plan to attend this year. Normally I can't make it that weekend, but things are different this year, enabling me to go for a change! :D

Yes, let's have a CT'ers get-together! Would love it!! :grin2:

I'm going. Would definitely love to meet ya'll :) I went last year and it was wonderful (although it did manage to fuel my addiction into Bath and Body stuff!). They give out awesome coupons, and WONDERFUL prizes, great info too. I went with Glowlite last year, it was so fun to meet a fellow CT'er :) Let me know if you guys want to meet up!

D

neato! i pm'd di in az. The schedule says there is a meeting the night before, the morning is two hours of registering and stuff, there is lunch, and then a get together that night as well. Any one have a preference?

I have to be there saturday to set up as a vendor. i am thinking about getting a room there. WITH the discount it is $109! yikes! anyone what to share? :)

Tart, did you go to the meeting the night before? Got a little wild in there, I had some very good laughs. Still not sure about this year, life has been way hectic and my friend just had surgery :( so we are not sure. It is a drive for us and then we have to drive all the way back. I have friends up there so may just bring hubby and kids and let them lounge in the pool and meet our friends. That hotel is just lovely. The cookies at the reception were really worth it LOL!

LOL! I didn't go to the reception the night before, not sure if I'll make it this year or not (my dd has a recital, so it depends on what time that gets over and how soon I can get rid of the in-laws :) Hmmmmmm.......now ya got me thinking...maybe I will just stay the night instead of getting up at the butt crack of dawn to drive up. And yes.....mmmmmm...coooookkkiiiieeees :)

D

Not only are they chocolate chip, they have them in a little oven at the check-in, they give you warm, melted chocolate chip cookies. They aren't small either! So there, come for the cookies!

Seriously, the hotel is nice and it just a block down from the Scottsdale Mall where there is a LUSH. We go there for that as well. Although we need to find a better place for dinner. We ate at a restaurant in the mall and it was not good and very expensive.

Lush is a British chain that sells soap and bath and body. I love alot of their scents, reminds me of stuff I used to get over in England. They are at www.lush.com . Very expensive though, lovely bath bombs, some soap I like, some is a bit much for me.

The area that the hotel is located at is Scottsdale. To be honest, you may have to drive a bit to get in a cheaper hotel. That area is known to be expensive, I don't know if there is anyone of us on here from that area who could chime in here and offer suggestions. $109 is probably not a bad rate. To give a hint, they had valet parking at that mall and I we saw some awesome cars pulling up while we were waiting to be seated in the restaurant there. Those people have money!

The cookies they give you when you check into the hotel--the hotel does provide us lunch, sort of a gourmet buffet--and nice desserts, but not those cookies!

I just got a mailer today. They are also having anther "Arizona Gathering". They have split off a bit because I know the lady who runs the yahoo site had alot to do with last years and it was advertised as being a start-up business gathering, lots of suggestions in that department. However, I don't think they will let her be a vendor as they had another internet host sponsor. So I think now there is two gatherings, The Arizona Gathering in June and Arizona Gathering in May--confused yet? I will get some links and post it. I saw Tart Addict on some of the boards so I think she may know more.

I emailed the az gathering to see if they were related and she said no.

Amanda….

No…Most definitely not. That is the original Arizona Gathering web addy. When she was told her services as Web Designer were no longer needed, she refused to give the Gathering Committee the domain and is now using it for profit.

The Official Arizona Gathering web addy is:

www.TheAZGathering.com

Sincerely,

The Arizona Gathering Committee

I emailed the az gathering to see if they were related and she said no.

Amanda….

No…Most definitely not. That is the original Arizona Gathering web addy. When she was told her services as Web Designer were no longer needed, she refused to give the Gathering Committee the domain and is now using it for profit.

The Official Arizona Gathering web addy is:

www.TheAZGathering.com

Sincerely,

The Arizona Gathering Committee

Thanks for clarifying that. I didn't know any of this. All this time I was going to that website and wondering what hell was going on and why the gathering was focusing on this summit thing. I'm just a tad pissed about it...I feel decieved:mad: After re-reading Di's post it make sense now.

Yup, confusing. Two completely separate events. The lady who is doing the business (Summit) one is the one last year who gave a spiel on packaging your items (actually, the ideas she had were good, but her whole "theme" was a bit confusing...she kept talking about "making your coconuts pop".) LOL. Glowlite...let us know if you're going :)

D

Yup, confusing. Two completely separate events. The lady who is doing the business (Summit) one is the one last year who gave a spiel on packaging your items (actually, the ideas she had were good, but her whole "theme" was a bit confusing...she kept talking about "making your coconuts pop".) LOL. Glowlite...let us know if you're going :)

D

OMG I totally forgot about the coconut thing. LOL :grin2:

soooo she's the one huh?