I Did A No, No.......

.....And I think it worked! My husband and I made our very first candle today! Well, when I came back and looked at the two 8 oz. jars, they had a little bit of wide cracking / spaces under the surface? Anyway, I took the blow dryer, and zapped the tops of those candles. I know....I'm supposed to use a heat gun, but I don't have one. The blow dryer did work, though. They look nice on top! Yeah!! So, for the first timer, we used GB 444 wax, Cappuccino Hazelnut fragrance, a C-80 wick in one and a RRD-40 wick in the other. I made a mistake and didn't add as much brown to it as I would have liked, but in the end.....I really like this taupe color. It seems to fit the fragrance well. We'll give them a few days, and then try burning them. This IS kinda fun! I've already thought of a couple of things I would change for the next pour. I'm excited to do this when my nose isn't so plugged!! :undecided By the way, Peak Candle has been SO helpful in answering my so many questions this week.....along with this forum!! :highfive: THANKS!

You and hubby have a new addiction and it's only going to get worse. lol But at least it is a good addiction to have that is fun.

Peaks is great and they are always so friendly and helpful. You can't go wrong with Peaks IMO.

If something works for you, its not a No NO but a Yes Yes. Remember what works for one might not work for the next. Congrats on the first candle. Let us know how it burns and all that stuff. Woo Hoo for you!!! :highfive:

Edited to add. Blow dryers are great in a pinch and some even only use them and not a heat gun. But IMO it is worth the money to invest in a heat gun. They don't blow as much air but give you the heat you need. Blow dryers can blow too hard and splatter wax.