da lime en da coconut

smellywax

IT's that time of year again and I am loven it...my number one request is da lime en da coconut from RE....and I am in heaven...that and their satsuma!!!:D

I am so glad you posted this. This fragrance is identical to JBN's Coconut Lime Verbena. This was one of the first fragrances I started to use (JBN's) about three years ago. I loved it so much that when I was in my wax testing phase I would use this fragrance the most because I loved it and it had a great throw. About a year, ago I ordered more and made some candles. I noticed that it did not smell the same to me.....kinda like it was missing notes. So, I called but they said it had to be the same. I put the fragrance away and stopped making it. I then ordered De Lime in Da Coconut from AH and boy was I surprised that it was the same fragrance. I thought that maybe it would be a better batch so I made a candle and gave it to my friend to test it -- she loves it. She said that it was definitely the same fragrance and smelled great. I then tested it and there again.....still duddy to me....missing some notes. I have not added it back on my list because I do not feel confident about it.

Just recently, my friend asked me if I had some of the Coconut Lime Verbena/De Lime in Da Coconut, and I said I did not bother running any wick tests in my new jar line (which I have had for over a year now) because I still did not feel confident about the oil anymore. I then poured it in the GL-70/30 and gave her one of those to test and she said the throw was great and it smelled the same. I once again tested it myself for wicking and also poured it in my soy (which I originally offered it in) and I still CANNOT smell it the same. I mean the throw is there, but it is missing something. It smells waxy to my nose -- not a good smell at all. This drives me crazy. I since have had another customer of someone who sells my candles request it, so I went ahead and poured it while having confidence in my other friend as a tester of it.

I told my friend to tell her customer that for any reason it did not smell the same or is a dud, I would take the candle back and give her a refund. Now since you post this and are still loving it, it confirms that it must be my nose. What is wrong with me!! Do you have a fairly new batch? This used to be one of my favorites. Maybe I used it so much that my nose is immune to it.

I dropped the candle off to my other friend to sell to her customer along with two testers for my friend -- one in the 70/30 and one in the soy. She is familiar with the scent too, so I will see how it goes for her.

Anyway, sorry this is so long, but I was surprised to find this post right when I am going through this dilemma.

~Holly