Suggested wick size using cotton core wick?

I get to make my first candle tonight!! Yee haw! My jar sizes are 2-3" in diameter. I will use a RRD-37 in one and the other.....well, I'm not sure what size to use with the cotton-core wicks for the 2-3" diam. jar. The sizes of these particular wicks range anywhere from C-30 to C-85. It looks like the C-50, C-55, C-60, C-65, or C-70 would be possibilities. I can't find any cotton-core wicks that are labeled like this. I've been checking various wick charts. Any suggestions? Thank You!!

Looks like you are using Peak's cotton wicks-nice product. I don't know what wax you use and that makes a big difference. I use IGI 4630 paraffin. I find that the RRD wicks burn much hotter than the C series. In my experience, the C30 is close to an LX-8 or HTP 41 and I use them in a 2.25" diameter container. At this size the RRD 27 is a huge flame. Good luck with your testing.

Thanks for the reply. After lots of testing, I'm not sure the cotton-core wicks will get the job done....but, I'm using GB 444 wax. I think I need something with just a little more "umph" with this wax. I started a wick poll over in the Vegetable Wax Candle Making area.