Herbal escences scent help

kidsngarden

My sister who is beyond picky would like a lotion that smells like soem herbal escences conditioner - it's some kind with coconut milk in it and she says it smells a lot like coconutty suntan oil, but a little different. I guess I'll have to scope it out at wally or something...

But in the meantime anyone know of a good coconut FO - like suntan oil? - or a dupe of this conditioners scent? I know there have been people asking for a coconut that DOESN't smell like suntan oil - but I want one that does.

TIA

Bethany

Herbal Essence is a very fresh and clean scent. It smells nothing like coconuts to me. I have purchase the dupe from 3 different suppliers but my favorite is from Brambleberry. It is wonderful! I do a white and light green layered bar with a variety of ground herbs mixed in the green side only. I have renamed it and it is a very good seller.

As far as coconut, I just ordered some of Peak's Coconut Milk. I have not soaped it yet but have plans to this weekend. It is great. I hope that it will hold up in CP soap. All of the other coconuts that I have tried do not.

HTH.

Jennifer

Herbal Essence is a very fresh and clean scent. It smells nothing like coconuts to me. I have purchase the dupe from 3 different suppliers but my favorite is from Brambleberry. It is wonderful! I do a white and light green layered bar with a variety of ground herbs mixed in the green side only. I have renamed it and it is a very good seller.

As far as coconut, I just ordered some of Peak's Coconut Milk. I have not soaped it yet but have plans to this weekend. It is great. I hope that it will hold up in CP soap. All of the other coconuts that I have tried do not.

HTH.

Jennifer

Peaks' coconut will discolor just a bit in CP. The scent does fade a bit but for me on both of batches I made for the CT swap, the scent has come back a bit more. I still wish it was stronger but you can at least detect it. Also, my soap was initially very soft and took some time to harden up. I'm not sure if it was the FO but it was my normal recipe that isn't soft like these batches were.

Peaks' coconut will discolor just a bit in CP. The scent does fade a bit but for me on both of batches I made for the CT swap, the scent has come back a bit more. I still wish it was stronger but you can at least detect it. Also, my soap was initially very soft and took some time to harden up. I'm not sure if it was the FO but it was my normal recipe that isn't soft like these batches were.

Thanks for the heads up... Coconut is an impossible scent to stick! I wonder how they make it so great in the soap that you can purchase in HI?!

Thanks Meridith.

Jennifer

Dontcha just love all the new Herbal Essences shampoos/conditioners? I'm hooked on them and the little sayings and "facts" on the bottles are fun!!

I usually use the pink one- acai berries & satin, but this time around I got the blue one- orchid & coconut.

My daughter's got the orange one-white nectarine & pink coral flower.

They all smell really great, nothing like the original Herbal Essence shampoo-although that smelled really great also.

I haven't looked for a dupe of any of these but every time I use them I think about how I'd like to have a lotion and/or spray in these scents. :)

Here is a Herbal Essence type at www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com that says it is a coconut type. Could this be it, or are you looking for a more coconutty type? Here's the description:

Orchid Coconut Milk Type Fragrance Oil 530:

Blend of Orchid, Apple, Coconut Milk, Lily of the Valley

Comparable to: Herbal Essence

That has to be it. I'll have to order a sample next time I need something from them. Don't forget if you need FO's only, to order from their other site and it's free shipping.

That has to be it. I'll have to order a sample next time I need something from them. Don't forget if you need FO's only, to order from their other site and it's free shipping.

But now wsp has $6.95 shipping on orders $25 & under!

What other site???

Bethany

Fragrance and Flavors.com offers FREE shipping on all Internet Orders over $50.

Their WSP's other site. And since I only order scents from them I always order from this site. It's great I ordered last week and after I ordered I saw where I needed Love Spell, made another order for 2 lbs and since their stuff is so expensive it was over $50 so it was shipped free too.

I had to get flavor oils anyway so I ordered some of those too as well as some sale EO's. they are pretty pricey! If I love the orchid coconut we need to do a coop. I can't host yet myself - too new to this forum - but I'll have to find another person who can!

Bethany