Order Held For FDA Clearance?

Hibiscus

Has anyone ever had an order held/delayed for FDA clearance? This is a new one for me. This is my first order with this company and for certain it will be my last. I would think they would have mentioned something about there being delay for this reason or a possiblity of one....:mad:

Yep, happened to me too. It was an order coming from Canada to Texas. I agree a heads up would have been nice, however I cannot get this product from anywhere else at that price.

Luckily I didn't need it right away and now I know next time to be prepared for such a delay.

If ya don't mind me askin', what kind of product did ya'll order and where did it ship from? Ginger

My order was Camellia Oil which shipped from Canada (May have been Montreal... I can't remember off the top of my head)

Rosehip and Linseed as well as some other stuff. I can't find rosehip at that price anywhere and it was a good price.:cry2: I guess I will have to take that FDA crap into consideration as well. Or, search for another supplier. I thought my order was coming from some place in TX but I do believe it is coming from their Canada location.

Since I am in logistics @ the day job I see this all the time

This is common practice now since 911 and Nafta. All products coming and going across the border has to have a paper trail...ie export papers, commercial papers, certificate of analyis. Most times when something gets held up at the border it is due to paperwork not being order. Then there are times when a spot check is done on the product it self...ie tested to ensure that it is what it is suppose to be. Normally this is cleared up in a short amount of time and the product is on its merry way..So don't give up on the company.. All in the name of commerce and security.

Rockin