Rip off

Hi. Not sure where this should be placed, so decided to try here. I just wanted to encourage people to purchase through the classifieds and not from someone who contacts you directly. I felt all candle makers were honest...wrong! Someone contacted me about my interest from one of my posts and offered me a test samle of wax and a mold. Checked the rating and it was positive. So, I paid via paypal but haven't been able to contact her since. (Think it was a her) I did recover all but $10.00 through paypal. But there is no way to leave any feedback since it wasn't an official sale. I know most people are more than honest and I've met some great ones through the classifieds. But, it is something to think about. Beth

oh wow that stinks. I am going through a same situation. I bought molds off ebay from someone and it was back in march and still haven't received them. I keep emailing the lady, but she keeps giving me the run around about her daughters problems and her business has suffered. I about ready to report her. For some reason it seems like she's dodging the initial question. I just want my molds that I paid for, that is all I am asking. So we'll see what happens.

If you paid by PayPal, you should file a report immediately. I'm not sure if there is a time limit. You should be able to get all your money back if you paid by PayPal. I have no patience for people like this.

oh wow that stinks. I am going through a same situation. I bought molds off ebay from someone and it was back in march and still haven't received them. I keep emailing the lady, but she keeps giving me the run around about her daughters problems and her business has suffered. I about ready to report her. For some reason it seems like she's dodging the initial question. I just want my molds that I paid for, that is all I am asking. So we'll see what happens.

You can't get your money back if they do not have a paypal balance. This happened to me once on ebay. She didn't send the item and had a zero balance & they said they couldn't do anything. About a year later the lady did send my money back.

Glo

That happened to me once on Ebay, when purchasing a pillow sham. I gave that lady the benefit of the doubt. She replied to all my emails, and said she had sent it. Something just told me she was not a liar.

A year later, she notified me that it had been returned to her in the mail. Sure enough, she sent the returned mail box, unopened. Inside was my pillow sham.

But if you think you are being ripped and not getting a response, then by all means report them to paypal and ebay.

I run a business and take visa/mastercard over the phone and have paypal on my site. I always use a tracking number for packages. If one is lost, then I replace the merchandise - cost of doing business, but if through tracking it says they received it, then I have my receipt for proof.

Well I'm trying to give this lady the benefit of the doubt thinking okay, she had a family emergency, but it doesn't take but 10 seconds to mail out a package. It was candlemaniaembeds. I figured she is a reputable person, she doesn't really have any negative marks against her on ebay that I can see and I really don't want to report her yet. I'm not sure what to do.

yep, that is the person. The negative feed hasn't been for quite some time though unless I'm reading it wrong?? Anyway, we'll see what happens

edited to say I just sent her a very long email on ebay basically saying that if she doesn't give me a straight foward answer as to when she is shipping my molds I am reporting her. I'm sorry but that's pretty lousy.

You can make your own mold with mold max 20 or mold max 30. It is as easy as baking a cake. If the molds were pink or blue, this is the stuff they are using, anyway. Get it from www.smoothon.com cost less too. I have some simple instructions on my mold page in my candle making instructions. Ok, it is somewhere on the site and smoothon has instructions to, if I am not mistaken.

This is why ebay has the reporting section......whatcha gonna do otherwise.

Well, the person that I paid never responded to pms and to emails or to paypal. After I wrote and posted, I thought...I've offered wicks to people etc. so maybe I didn't word it correctly. There have been no posts since this, so at first I felt she was sick or ? But after awhile, you just feel ripped off and then I went ahead with the paypal thing. All (but this one) the other people I've had dealings with have been super. Beth

Well, the person that I paid never responded to pms and to emails or to paypal. After I wrote and posted, I thought...I've offered wicks to people etc. so maybe I didn't word it correctly. There have been no posts since this, so at first I felt she was sick or ? But after awhile, you just feel ripped off and then I went ahead with the paypal thing. All (but this one) the other people I've had dealings with have been super. Beth

did you leave negative feedback? that usually gets their attention. although you do have to be prepared for return negs. i bought a sewing machine off e-bay and after 3 weeks of messaging her to find out where it was it arrived. i left a neg feedback because she never got back to me and the slow shipping. she left negative feedback and her comment was thanx for the fast payment. ALOT of people leave neg feedback as retaliation. its sad

If you paid by PayPal, you should file a report immediately. I'm not sure if there is a time limit. You should be able to get all your money back if you paid by PayPal. I have no patience for people like this.

please hurry and file a report..you only have 30 days to file one with ebay.

Lightning Bug.

I know whom you are referring to and a couple of weeks ago I posted in the off topic that her daughter was in the hospital very ill and she is in another county where she cannot access the internet, much less anything else.

I also sent you a PM stating this situation.

She is a good person and someone great to deal with and her daughter being ill, shes not able to contact anyone.

yep, that is the person. The negative feed hasn't been for quite some time though unless I'm reading it wrong?? Anyway, we'll see what happens

edited to say I just sent her a very long email on ebay basically saying that if she doesn't give me a straight foward answer as to when she is shipping my molds I am reporting her. I'm sorry but that's pretty lousy.

I went to her ebay store and not sure when this was posted compared to your dealing with her but the store says that it's pretty much closed because of personal issues....:undecided

Thanks Rebecca, yeah I purchased these wayyy before all this happened. I bought them on March 22 or something. Then after a week went by she finally replied back to saying her daughter had 2 surgeries or something. I filed a complaint with paypal this morning.

You can make your own mold with mold max 20 or mold max 30. It is as easy as baking a cake. If the molds were pink or blue, this is the stuff they are using, anyway. Get it from www.smoothon.com cost less too. I have some simple instructions on my mold page in my candle making instructions. Ok, it is somewhere on the site and smoothon has instructions to, if I am not mistaken.

[\quote]

Hey thanks for the info....I'll have to experiment with this I think. I would be alot easier to make my own that's for sure.

Ashley, not sure who you sent that message to, cuz here's the one I got from you on 3/17 when I was trying to find a way to contact her and haven't received any others.

Hi

I havent heard from her since I was admitted into the hospital back on 2/19/07

I also called and left voice mail messages and shes never gotten back to me. I am assuming that her job is keeping her very busy.

Sorry I couldnt help

Learning this, I feel really bad but had done all in my power to contact her and finally felt taken advantage of. I waited a long time before contacting paypal. I only have good wishes for her daughter's recovery. Maybe this can be straightened out when she gets back. The last I heard from her was Feb. 19th.

Beth

I went to edit the last post, but no edit. I have never looked in the Off Topic Area where you, Ashlie, posted about Butterfly. It's been near two months, and having heard nothing, what would your response be to the situation with someone that you do not know? I'm feeling like everyone will think I am an uncaring mean hearted individual which is not true. Now I feel guilty. I just hope all works out for her. Enough said. Beth

Lightening~ if you haven't already I would file a complaint with paypal in the resolution center. I did this morning and she refunded my money this afternoon. I kind of feel bad because she said she's basically been living at the hospital with her daughter and gets on the internet to check email there. But at the same time I didn't ask for a refund, I just wanted the molds. That's all. She refunded it anyway without me asking. So maybe you might wanna try that??? Good luck!!

I went to edit the last post, but no edit. I have never looked in the Off Topic Area where you, Ashlie, posted about Butterfly. It's been near two months, and having heard nothing, what would your response be to the situation with someone that you do not know? I'm feeling like everyone will think I am an uncaring mean hearted individual which is not true. Now I feel guilty. I just hope all works out for her. Enough said. Beth

I never said you were uncaring, I was just letting you know the situation.

As far as the only PM you rcvd from me, I did send you a PM the same day I posted the thread to let you know about the circumstances.

I completely understand your frustration as I would have done the same thing.

No problems here.